Thread: InkScape Linking objects.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Member

Question InkScape Linking objects.

Hay All.
    Long time no see.

So, first. sorry for my absence. I have not had that much of time, and at the same time had kind of a Writers block. but for maps :S

And now. now i seek your guideance.
    InkScape... This little wonder of a program, wich I sadly newer got to much pratice in... is now the tool of my next project.
    so ill ask you this...

Is there any way to do parent linking in InkScape. so that if i have my bottom map, i can place multiple objects on it. parent link them to the base object. and if the base object is moved, they will follow. but not the other way around?

10 times the thanks from here... ZleapingBear...
    I love to do things in another way than everyone else... I hate to fail... Bad coctail.

Blog Entries

Well, if you are only interested in translating (moving) things, then it sounds like you want a group. Put all of the objects in a group and you can move them within the group, or move the group as a whole. Select them, press ctrl-g, and they will be grouped. To enter the group, double click on it, and then you will be able to move the objects within it independently.

You can also make "linked clones" select an object and press Alt-D and you will get a linked clone of the original. Changes you make to the original will be reflected in the clone, except for translation (moving)

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Thanks Hai, That is VERY handy to know
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent