Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 'Heart of Shadow' cavern encounter map

Thanks anomie. First attempt at the rivers of blood. I'm not sure how I feel about them.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Heart of Shadow.jpg 
Views:	257 
Size:	3.69 MB 
ID:	50052

I actually really like the texture your using for the river...but, at the moment it looks like the river is at a higher elevation than its surroundings. I think you could fix that by playing with the river banks. Might also suggest increasing the transparency of the river slightly also.
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Yes I agree anomie - the next stage is to work on the banks, and hopefully then the pool and rivers will 'lie down' on the map like they are supposed to.

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is very cool. I'd agree with AC about the textures they look perfect for this. The river is a bit "thick" it almost looks like a river of "Blood Pudding" which is creepy and scary in itself but probably not what you were looking for.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

I started work on the banks - I did five of the ten pools (half). This is pretty time-consuming work, but it's worth it. I'm really glad nobody has a problem with the blood texture - I assumed that finding the right colour and texture for the slow-moving coagulating blood would be the hardest part of this map, but since JT and anomie like them I consider that sorted.

Views:	319 
Size:	3.85 MB 
ID:	50090

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This is really very good. It's got such a great feel to it. You've nailed the vibe for this.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks JT - though I'm having doubts about my crawling-hive cavern wall texture. I think I either need to desaturate it a lot, or swap it out for a much plainer rocky texture. I just think it detracts from the blood a little.

I swapped in a photo of some barnacles instead of the hive/ants for the walls. I think it works better. I may need to play with the exact colour of it however.

Views:	241 
Size:	3.75 MB 
ID:	50104

First attempt at a whirlpool for the central pool. This is not very good - I'll have to come back to this at the end. I'm not sure how best to show it. I think the central pool is supposed to have a swirling whirlpool portal that is like a wormhole to another dimension.

Name:	Heart of Shadow (pool).jpg 
Views:	309 
Size:	583.4 KB 
ID:	50109

Wrong entry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast