Thread: Minecraft World Map

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Rpg World Map for Game

Hey, im new here but ive seen some AWESOME work by some people here. Currently me and around 40 other people are working on a minecraft server thats suppose to branch off into something totally new. With that we want to look as professional as possible. Here is the website: www.paroria.com
    http://i.imgur.com/CB3rd.jpg
    This is the world map.

Excuse me for not being too helpful but its hard to give the exact size, however the eastern continent will be roughly the size of.. Half of kalimdor if anyone has played world of warcraft XD.
    If you know minecraft terms its 15,000 by 15,000 wich is actually very large and very few have attempted such a large map before.
    I put Paid? because i am a college student and im at poverty level so depending on how it looks and the amount of time i can discuss some kind of payment to the artist.

The reference i like the most was a mix between these:
    http://www.cartographersguild.com/feature/SheguMap.jpg
    Picture 1 of 2 from The Continent of Time RPG
    But whatever would be fine =].
    Also sorry if this is a bit much to request but if you can make it a PSD that way i can personally place the wording and such since some of the places names might change.
    (just an extra request if someone is feeling up to the challenge, making city\village\dungeon\mining shaft markers for the map seperately, since itll be hard matching the look of the map if it comes from someone else)

I know im asking a bit much, sorry! But me and my team are all trying our hardest to stick out amongst our community and anyone willing to help with this particular part would have my greatest thanks as well as providing a link to your portfolio to maybe bring more business as we are sponsored by a few companies =).
    As for the amount of money i cant really promise anything as money is kind of come and go for me so at the most i can pay around 20-30$ unless the person is willing to wait till we start getting money for the server.

Anyway Thanks for being interested and thank you to anyone whos willing to help

oh and P.S if your interested in reading more about what we actually do here is the full documentation (or almost full atleast) ..,,::;;Lands of Paroria;;::,,.. #1 Rpg Server Recruiting. 40 + Staff, 5 + Communities, Custom: Map\Hud\Gameplay. - Minecraft Forum
    Last edited by tommygoesha; 11-17-2012 at 09:45 AM.

You could say I'm quite an avid minecraft player, so maybe I could be of some assistance? I've made plenty of custom maps before, and it would be fun to do another. By the way, by 15,000 do you mean 15,000 blocks? Well being that a normal minecraft world is infinite thats quite small, and in terms of a custom world you can scale it to any degree you would like, which makes large maps very easy. But, I digress. Back to your post, I'd love to help

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by mynameisdatruth View Post
    You could say I'm quite an avid minecraft player, so maybe I could be of some assistance? I've made plenty of custom maps before, and it would be fun to do another. By the way, by 15,000 do you mean 15,000 blocks? Well being that a normal minecraft world is infinite thats quite small, and in terms of a custom world you can scale it to any degree you would like, which makes large maps very easy. But, I digress. Back to your post, I'd love to help
    Indeed it quite small but the sound of the number gives it no justice, especially since its taken awhile to do some of the custom terrain. However id like to hear more about your offer, im actually looking for someone for world painter as the second continent that ive drawn onto the map hasent been made yet, What we do is first make the map with world painter or with a generator then go over it and add custom towns\cities\dungeons etc.
    Anywho what do you have in mind?

Well what I typically do is design the surface and main landmasses in Worldpainter, then do the more intricate things, such as towns, in MCedit. If you would like to contact me faster about this you can email me at mynameisdatruth@gmail.com. Have you gotten any portion of the actual in game map completed or is it just in sketches/pictures? Either way is fine, I just need to know what I'm working with. By the way, from the pictures you linked in your initial post this map seems like it should be more than 15,000 blocks, especially if your'e planning on a lot of people playing on it. It's easy to make it bigger, so if there will be a large number of people I would suggest at least thinking about expanding it. Anyway, get back to me soon and I'll go ahead and start working on it.

1) Is any of the map done? If so, I would need pictures or the map to work off of
    2) Just how big do you want it? I would suggest enlarging it, it never hurts
    3) How populated do you want the map to be with towns, caves, etc.?