Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kyuden Suzume

Default Kyuden Suzume

Quite some time ago I made a map of Kyuden Suzume for L5R. I have decided to update it. Right now I've only done the basic layout but I intend to try some new things with this one. I have made some alterations to give the town a more sensible layout and to account for some changes in the L5R fluff regarding the town and "castle".

I have posted the original one for a comparison too.

There's still lots to do but at least I've made a start!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyudensuzume.gif 
Views:	625 
Size:	170.5 KB 
ID:	50021   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyudensuzume.jpg 
Views:	630 
Size:	477.1 KB 
ID:	50022  

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Great start. I don't want to hi jack your thread but I had a question about the way PS handles the line tool. Is there a way to keep from making separate layers every time you create a new shape? (I'm using CS6) Thanks in advance and I'm looking forward to seeing this progress.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

When using the line tool, if you make sure "fill pixels" is selected instead of shape levels in the options at the top, it will create everything on an existing layer.

Guild Artisan

Nice. I really like the hills, look very natural blending them in.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Larb View Post
    When using the line tool, if you make sure "fill pixels" is selected instead of shape levels in the options at the top, it will create everything on an existing layer.
    Thanks so much. I am such a PS rookie.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Bit of an update. Got the roof lines done thankfully. Still quite a lot to do though. I also made some colour adjustments as the lands of the Suzume aren't the most fertile so I wanted to reflect that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kyudensuzume.jpg 
Views:	376 
Size:	652.0 KB 
ID:	50061  

I like it. The cange in the grass tone is subtle but improved the look considerably, IMO. By the way, what are the re circles on the lines connecting the roofs? Lamps?

Yes, those are big red paper lanterns. Just something to add a little more detail.

I really like this one...!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Blog Entries

That looks very good. One question: The white squares in the middle of the city are those market tents?

Finished Maps

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast