Thread: The Great Sphinx ("Telar in Norbia" Dungeon #31)

Wip The Great Sphinx ("Telar in Norbia" Dungeon #31)

Hey all...I think the more I need to work on my dissertation, the more I procrastinate and find cool stuff to map...

So, I found this really cool desert adventure in Dungeon Magazine. Hopefully, I'll get to map the whole adventure, but this map is for the lower part of a Giant Sphinx which sits in the middle of a recently unearthed abandoned city (Telar).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Great Sphinx - 4mb.jpg 
Views:	3068 
Size:	2.60 MB 
ID:	50120

This was made with CC3 and utilized some textures from CGTextures.com and objects from the Dunjinni forums. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out, but comments and criticisms are always appreciated. You can see a bigger version here
    ()
    *Most of my Maps can be seen in full resolution on my blog*

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by anomiecoalition View Post
    Hey all...I think the more I need to work on my dissertation, the more I procrastinate and find cool stuff to map...
    Yeah... I know that feeling. Unfortunately I'm coming up on my end of the year review and can no longer use procrastination as an excuse. What's the topic of your dissertation? Nice map too btw.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That looks really good. You really have a great style with these maps. Makes me want to unbox my 20 or so years worth of Dragon and Dungeon magazine and see what cool stuff I could re-do.
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Thanks...yeah, I found a website the lets you search the contents of the Dungeon magazines and then got some back issues of ones that had desert adventures.

I'm still in the Prospectus stage of my Diss, but it will be focused on the role of the Modern Presidency in American Political Development

*I've made some of my maps into full adventures available for download at DriveThruRPG.com or Paizo.com

This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported License unless stated otherwise in the thread.

Excellent map AC!

What is the website that has the old Dungeon Mags?