Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Completed Map for Novel

Map Completed Map for Novel

Hey Guild,

Here's the finished map. 12 days ago I'd never made a map. But I needed one for my novel I'll be publishing before the end of the year. So, I came here looking for advice and found so much that was helpful (and so many helpful people). Thank you all for your help in this. As I promised in the W.I.P. thread, here is some info on my novel. The short story preview set in the same world is available on Amazon (starting some time tomorrow it will be on free promo for 5 days, so head on over and snag it. It's a fun little read... if I do say so myself). It includes the first two chapters of my upcoming novel Treasures of Darkness ~ Treasures of Light, Book One: Through the Dark Wood.

If you're interested Check it out.

Anyway... I'm really grateful to this group for all your help. I made a few customer textures and a few custom brushes. I'd be happy to share them. If anyone is interested, just send me a message.

Okay now to the maps

Color (for e-book)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Finished color.jpg 
Views:	726 
Size:	3.48 MB 
ID:	50135
    Grayscale (for print book)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map Finished grayscale.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	2.02 MB 
ID:	50136

Quote Originally Posted by Sapiento View Post
    That looks very good.
    Sapiento,

I hadn't seen any of your work before this morning. Wow... after having seen it, I consider your reply a very high compliment. Your work is fantastic! If book one in my series goes off well (i.e. if I make enough money) , I may have to contact you for work on book two. )

Thanks for the compliment, and have a great day!

Geno

Professional Artist Guild Donor Sapiento's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GenoWrites View Post
    Sapiento,

I hadn't seen any of your work before this morning. Wow... after having seen it, I consider your reply a very high compliment. Your work is fantastic! If book one in my series goes off well (i.e. if I make enough money) , I may have to contact you for work on book two. )

Thanks for the compliment, and have a great day!

Geno
    You're most welcome!

Nice job, good luck with the book

Yeah. That's pretty sweet. I get a very Middle Earth feel from it...and that's a good thing.
    M

Good Work I like the arrangement

Quote Originally Posted by mearrin69 View Post
    Yeah. That's pretty sweet. I get a very Middle Earth feel from it...and that's a good thing.
    M
    Thanks you. I agree that is a very good thing

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

That's pretty great work, especially for having never created a map before. The mountains/hills look especially nice. Did you draw the text yourself, or is that a font?

Nice work...!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast