Thread: Hi there

Post Hi there

Hi,

I'm a GIS professional, with a keen interest for maps and aerial photography, yet lacking any artistic skills. I also like gaming, esp strategy games with a rather slow pace, especially about the napoleonic era.

My search on the net for a decent map of Napoleonic Europe got me to this forum.

cheers
    B

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected rpgmapmaker's Avatar

Hi, and welcome to the guild...

Have you looked here? Napoleonic Maps

I hope you gain allot from the guild and comtribute to it also.

-Chris
    Last edited by rpgmapmaker; 05-27-2008 at 09:08 AM. Reason: added picture
    @BHfuturist Check out my Video Tutorials & Vault of Free Map Elements
    Unless otherwise stated in the post, all of my artwork is released into the Public Domain.

Hi Badger!

We have similar interests. I'm a GIS person, too. Strategy games, travel, and history are what developed my interest in maps. When young, my favorite strategy game was the Napoléonic Wars. I loved moving my armies across Europe. I could never interest anybody in playing that game with me, though. These days I am slowly working on creating a cultural map of France.

What are your favorite games?

hi there,

Been playing PC nappy games, as, same as you i didn't manage to find a physical person to share my interest. Started off with Fields of Glory & the Age of Rifles game, battleground series, then skipped a bit till the napoleonic total war mod for the Total War pc games appeared. I joined The Lordz modding collective for a modest contribution to the NTW2 mod and i'm now eagerly awaiting Les Grognards, Empire Total War & the new War3D engine being developed by the ppl from Madminutegames who made the terrific wargame Take Command: Second Manassas.

If you'd still like to take a shot at Napoleonic wargaming, take a look at www.thelordz.co.uk , www.napoleonics.eu or www.icoe.be/NW/index.html

cheers
    B

Hello and welcome to the group.

Love the Napoleonic Map.
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave