Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Map of Golarion (Pathfinder Chronicles Setting)

Map Map of Golarion (Pathfinder Chronicles Setting)

If you're familiar with the Pathfinder Chronicles setting then you know about Golarion and how diverse it is. The world is a snapshot of the Earth during the Late Middle Ages/Early Modern Era, thrown into a D&D style fantasy universe.
    The main frame of the story is set in the Inner Sea Reigon which is very similar to the Mediterranean, Europe and North Africa.
    Outside the Inner Sea are vast continents left mostly unexplored by Paizo's stories.
    I made this map to fill in the blanks for my players and hopefully for others as well.
    The full image is available here
    Preview below

Most of the names are custom to the map and do not reflect Paizo's intentions. The map is mostly complete but is still a work in progress. Feedback is appreciated.

Very nice. I will be stealing this for my game room wall. Have some rep!
    M

Map updated 11/22/2012
    -Changed rivers to flow realistically
    -Fixed spelling errors and added some labels

Nice job Darth, and welcome to the Guild.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Amazing map.

Wow. Really nicely done. Besides the time invested in the artwork, you've clearly done a lot of research on Golarion. I'm a huge Pathfinder fan so much respect!

That's a pretty cool map, I like the friendly, warm colors. Many details, names and things remind me of our own planet, I suppose that's intentional? I don't know the Pathfinder Setting, hence the question.

To me the map looks already finished. Are there any things left to do?

Guild Applicant

Wonderful map. I know I'm a little late to this thread,but when I saw this map I downloaded it to import into ArcGIS. Here is what it looks like draped over a globe. I thought it would be cool to put a fantasy world into ArcGIS and this is a great base map to start. I hope you like...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion 1.jpg 
Views:	4742 
Size:	671.1 KB 
ID:	59633Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion 2.jpg 
Views:	1335 
Size:	587.9 KB 
ID:	59634Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion 3.jpg 
Views:	3202 
Size:	682.9 KB 
ID:	59635Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion 4.jpg 
Views:	2384 
Size:	653.8 KB 
ID:	59636Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion North Pole.jpg 
Views:	1511 
Size:	597.7 KB 
ID:	59637Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Golarion South Pole.jpg 
Views:	1082 
Size:	502.7 KB 
ID:	59638.
    Last edited by flyarmy182; 12-09-2013 at 05:45 PM.

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

YES

Golarion plays a big role in my current Planescape campaign (and it was the focus of one of my previous Pathfinder games). More specifically, Katapesh, Osirion, and Irrisen.

I both approve and enjoy this, and declare my intention of stealing for my own nefarious purposes.

Have some reputation!

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Klaus van der Kroft's Avatar

Some minor details:

-The Big Sister lake in northern Arcadia is draining in three different directions: Two northeastwards and one southward, into Lake Acatico, which in turn also drains further southeastwards into Petronicus Sound.
    -Lake Albus in central Arcadia is connected to a river that has two separate coastal connections.
    -Lake Qocha in souther Arcadia also has two separate river drains.
    -There is a river in the Taquesuyu Kingdoms that forks into two different outlets.
    -The lake in Southern Mwangi (I can't make out the name, I'm afraid) has five different drains going out.
    -There is a river in central Tian'Xia that runs on both ends of a peninsula southeast of the Sapphire Sound.
    -The river runing east-west across the Valashmai Jungles in southern Tian'Xia has two or three exits (I'm not sure if one is actually touching the coast).
    -The rivers running out from Lacus Incubus in Sarusan connect to the coast both to the north and to the south.

Some of the deltas in some parts seem a bit too long, but other than those minor details, everything seems in order.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast