Thread: Greetings!

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Greetings!

Hi, my name's John.

Just wanted to say hello to everyone.

I've been gaming on and off since '79 and I really love all of the maps I've seen over the years and I've finally decided to give map-making a try. I've downloaded most of the free programs, Gimp 2, Autorealm, Dungeoncrafter, etc., but I've been thinking about CC3.
    Though I'm a little weary about dropping so much money on a program that I might end up not using. I like maps in the ancient style but with a 3d look about them, if you know what I mean. I'm just getting started so I'll peruse the tutorials and forums for as much info I can find to make a decision about CC3. I love some of the maps people have made with it.

Thanks for looking.

Ciao,
    John

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the Guild !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Welcome to the Guild John. Happy Mapping!

Welcome John, sounds like you have a wealth of gaming experience and familiarity with fantasy maps to bring to bear on map creation. As you mentioned, there are several great tutorials here to help you get started. Once you find one you like and have begun to play around with it, post up your work, be it ever so humble, in a WIP forum and ask for constructive criticism. You can learn quite a bit about map-making that way. Best wishes in your new endeavor.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks for the welcome, guys!

Ciao,
    John

Welcome aboard!!