Thread: New Map, been a while since I posted here.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Studpuffin's Avatar

Default New Map, been a while since I posted here.

Hi folks!

Its been a while since I last posted here, but I figured I'd come back and post up another map that I made.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Continent of Thaloea 2.jpg 
Views:	154 
Size:	3.18 MB 
ID:	50199

Hope you like it!

I like it. The red labels are a bit hard to read in places, though. Maybe experiment with some different colors; a brighter orange or orange-red might stand out better, but I don't know how attractive the result might be. Then again, I don't think the red is doing your otherwise beautiful color scheme any great favor. Maybe let the font pick out the city names and don't try to give their labels a distinct color?

The geography is nice. My only comment there is that it is a bit strange to have the Talbaran Jungle not have a river going through it, though it may be small enough that the water flows through in streams too small to bother mapping, and it really seems odd that there are no significant tributaries flowing into the river in the Great Southern Forest. That's a relatively large area that's getting enough water for all those trees and since there's a rain shadow desert to the (presumed) east, I have to figure those mountains are squeezing the clouds dry, which would leave the water to flow back into the forest side.