Thread: *** November / December 2012 Lite Challenge: Built on a Word ***

Default *** November / December 2012 Lite Challenge: Built on a Word ***

This was an idea from Lonewanderer in the suggestions forum which was universally liked:

This month's challenge is to build a region/city/town/building that is based around a word supplied by the Moderators. You can make anything so long as it clearly reflects the supplied word, for example the word "eight" could be the City of Eight Towers, a city where everything is based of an octagon, or the word "high" could be a city in the clouds or a really tall tower.

You have a choice of 3 words:

Eight

Broken

Black
    The contest will close on or about the 15th of December. If you have not entered a contest before, please read the rules which are in this subforum.

Best of luck to everyone!

Sounds interesting!

Bonus votes if we manage to incorporate all three words into our map concept somehow?

This sounds interesting, I'll have to keep it in mind as I sketch maps in the next little while!

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh yeah this is for me !!
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

This might bring about some really interesting entries.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

I wish I could still enter the Lite challenges...

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    I wish I could still enter the Lite challenges...
    Now you can ... just create a map of a place near you using "eight", "broken" or "black" and enter it in the December (regular) Challenge.
    I always wanted to create a map from the 1st to the 15th of a month that could be entered in both challenges ... I just never have any free time.
    Last edited by atpollard; 12-12-2012 at 09:27 AM.

Well, it's the 16th and it looks like there aren't too many of us CLs poking around the halls this winter.

If you have any last minute changes you wish to do I suggest you get on em!

I will be out for the afternoon and have a business meeting later but unless somebody has locked this up for voting by then, I will try to get it done tonight.

So, I'll just say 6pm Arizona time is the cutoff. If you are going to try posting after that you are playing it risky (I believe that's 8pm Eastern time btw). Honestly, I might not get to it until midnight and someone else might do it before then. It is the 16th after all.

Have fun and keep drawing!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt