I voted for Other which in reality is a combination of 1 and 3. My thought is that if supers have been around for hundreds/thousands of years (assuming inherent ability in some at least), then history can be drastically changed. A few ideas:
- Napoleon was not defeated by Russia at Waterloo
- Aztec/Incan/Mayan culture took over the western world and Europeans could not ever get a foothold
- Germany and Japan won WW II and then turned on each other.
- The confederates won the civil war
- Spain was the dominate military power during the 1700-1900's
The availability of supers could drastically change the course of history, including the founding or not of towns, cities, and even nations.