View Poll Results: What kind of World should the Heroverse be?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real World, Real Names i.e. Marvel-verse

10 50.00%
  • Real World, Fictional Names i.e. DC-verse

6 30.00%
  • Fictional World i.e. Ace Combat-verse

1 5.00%
  • Other (Specify in post)

3 15.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Maps Of The Heroverse

I have a membership at Plot Storming, but the last time I was over there I didn't see anything in the genres that I'm interested in. Please post a link to your stuff once you get it up over there though and I will certainly check it out.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

I took #1 ... I've always found the attraction of comics and superhero's comes from the fact that this "could" be the world we live in kinda view.... Supers are really what we want to be deep down inside... who wouldn't want Powers like Magneto or to be Tony Stark, billionaire (oh.. and I guess Ironman is a bonus ) how many relate to the Dark Knight .... a vigilante crime fighter who runs around and says "I'm Batman" ... so real world settings merely make this surreal world a bit more like..."Hey ... it could happen... " ...

I dunno... maybe I'm way off.. but that's my vote

** oh... and the coolest power of all... The ability to see the weakness in anything ...a plan, a building, a person .... (Inhumans rock)
    Last edited by Badger; 06-02-2008 at 08:20 PM. Reason: addendum

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Exactly Batman in Gotham City.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

I've always pictured Gotham City to something like Seattle ... I dunno why ... maybe the grunge scene back around 92-93 with Alice in Chains and Pearl Jam that did it for me... Or ... Chicago would work for me as well.... and Detroit .... todays detroit... that could be a batman begins gotham.... easily.... especially after Arkam's Inmates escaped...
    Last edited by Badger; 06-02-2008 at 08:57 PM.

Both Gotham and Metropolis get equated to a lot of different cities but the basic beginning was Gotham was New York (Manhattan) and Metropolis was Chicago but its skyline was Toronto. Of course per standard DC modus operandi both of these have changed several times over the years and even moved around.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

I've heard Metropolis described as New York during the day and Gotham is New York at night. I have always been a sucker for DC's fictional cities. Opal City in Starman. Star City in Green Arrow. Central City in the Flash. Gotham in Batman. If done right, the city becomes a character in its own right.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

I voted other because I usually like a combination of 1 & 2. Real world analog but with fictional elements. Basically a mix of both and not a one or the other situation. Alternate realities can be fun also. I once started work on an alternate WWII Supers universe where the first Supers team was created by the Nazis and the Allies were forced to stop them (first a Commonwealth team and later the Americans would join the war effort).
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Captain America ROCKS!!!! .. I can't wait for that film to get here .... only 3 more years!!! .... I wonder who they will get to play Steve Rogers ... If John Cena is cast I will have to assassinate him so he doesn't completely ruin the character.... and if Matt Damon gets it I'll know that there truly isn't any justice in this world ....

Any of the good actors I wold have picked are getting too old for the role ...

But Incredible Hulk features the super soldier serum .... (hence Red Hulk Roth)

Hey ... maybe they'll give the roll to Shia La Bouf ... lol...

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

okayyy.....
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by RPMiller View Post
    Wild Cards. If you haven't read the Wild Cards series that is another huge asset. Supers come into existence shortly after WWII though so their impact isn't felt until after that period.
    I read the first few when they came out and just couldn't get enough. (like the extended card metaphor.... Jokers, etc.)

-Rob A>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast