View Poll Results: What kind of World should the Heroverse be?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Real World, Real Names i.e. Marvel-verse

10 50.00%
  • Real World, Fictional Names i.e. DC-verse

6 30.00%
  • Fictional World i.e. Ace Combat-verse

1 5.00%
  • Other (Specify in post)

3 15.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maps Of The Heroverse

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

There is a beautiful map in Superman Returns on Lex's Yacht. if you pause the scene just right and zoom in you can see the relative positions of Gotham and Metropolis are New York and Jersey City. Gotham is the more sprawling one but Metropolis is the more advanced one. The fictional cities is what #2 is so everybody is reading #2 wrong

edit: Okay guess what I found: Atlas of The DC Universe apparently based on their research New York City still exists in DC-verse, Gotham is apparently located in the far south of New Jersey (which makes sense, Gotham is much more Jersey-like anyways) and Metropolis is in the far south of Delaware (Strange place but okay) unfortunately the map is a bit hard to read and there is now mention of some of the newer stuff like Bludhaven (One of my fav cities)

edit 2: and just for bonus, a map of Gotham
    Last edited by Arkkeeper; 06-03-2008 at 12:00 PM.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Quote Originally Posted by delgondahntelius View Post
    Captain America ROCKS!!!! .. I can't wait for that film to get here .... only 3 more years!!! .... I wonder who they will get to play Steve Rogers ... If John Cena is cast I will have to assassinate him so he doesn't completely ruin the character.... and if Matt Damon gets it I'll know that there truly isn't any justice in this world ....

Any of the good actors I wold have picked are getting too old for the role ...

But Incredible Hulk features the super soldier serum .... (hence Red Hulk Roth)

Hey ... maybe they'll give the roll to Shia La Bouf ... lol...
    There has actually been some talk about getting Matthew McConaughey for the role, but nothing firm yet.

Quote Originally Posted by RobA View Post
    I read the first few when they came out and just couldn't get enough. (like the extended card metaphor.... Jokers, etc.)
    I'm actually rereading the series right now as I was given a couple books from the newest series and wanted to go back and reread them from the beginning. I should be done sometime next year I think. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    There is a beautiful map in Superman Returns on Lex's Yacht. if you pause the scene just right and zoom in you can see the relative positions of Gotham and Metropolis are New York and Jersey City. Gotham is the more sprawling one but Metropolis is the more advanced one. The fictional cities is what #2 is so everybody is reading #2 wrong
    Check out Wikipedia entries for Gotham and Metropolis. It breaks down their locations and current "official" status of each.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Okay RPMiller, I think I'll just call ya Miller... or RP, I answered your question on Plot Storming, thanx about the Matla Particles, they are my answer to how does superpowers actually work. and um if you noticed I edited my last post

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

You can call me RP. Thanks for those links to the maps! Very on topic.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

well in general this topic might just become a topic for Superhero maps and discussing them and such. revolved around my world of course, I think I'm going with real world just because it's more familiar but making some slight changes so when I make it I'll post my world map and then I'll start doing regional and city maps.

Sounds great! I think you are on the right track.

Wip WIP UPDATE: Placement of Silva State

Silva State is a large stretch of water just outside of the North American Basin, Silva Island, the largest in the chain, lies about 750 miles off the coast. It is an island somewhat smaller the the city of Tokyo. The entire island is covered in city, making Silva City the second largest in the world in land area. It is noted however that Silva City was the first metropolis to begin developing multi-leveled Construction and is the most developed, and all but the suburban sub-city is made up of skyscrapers. So technically Silva City is the largest city in urban mass and population. The other islands are very small and are almost completely undeveloped, they are unique however in that they are climatically controlled with each individual island a different life zone. Silva Island is connected directly to New York City by way of Bullet Train, which runs underneath the ocean all the way from Grand Central Station to Silva Station, making it the first Oceanic Train ever to be built.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silva Island, highlighted in Red.bmp 
Views:	147 
Size:	2.55 MB 
ID:	4302  

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123