Thread: HELP!!! Need a Detailed World Map for a High Fantasy Novel

Map HELP!!! Need a Detailed World Map for a High Fantasy Novel

I need a detailed map for a high fantasy saga i've been writing, and that i hope to publish very soon. The map can be either in color or black in white, whichever one you're skilled at and prefer. i have made a crude map of the world to give you an idea of what the continent looks like. there is plenty of room for you to be creative with the map!!
    If interested, please drop me a message (my Email is Gorilla0132@aol.com)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Crude map of Lothniel.jpg 
Views:	2783 
Size:	700.4 KB 
ID:	50215

hey, I've sent you an e-mail (pandahart@gmail.com) as well, but thought I'd post on here just in case:
    1) Are you looking for a particular style? The one you're using is more stylistic (Tolkien'esque), but is that what you're looking for in the final map?
    2) Do you have a specific scale, or is this more of an 'artistic' rendering of the area, without a specific scale?
    3) Would you like to see 2 versions, 1 black and white the other color?

Looks interesting - I'd love to also read a little about the novel itself! Any tantalizing snippets you could share? ^-^
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

i would love to have it be black and white so i can publish it in the actual novel, and it needs to be pretty large scale-wise. the shape is actually completely up to you to decide my only concerns are that it needs to be a large island-continent with no islands and several rivers (the continent is floating over the clouds so it needs to have lakes and rivers that are independent)

Sounds interesting, and black and white is great. I can make it quite large; I'll post smaller files to the forum, and when you're happy with it I can send over the full-size image (JPG, PNG, GIF?) to your e-mail. I saw your e-mail as well, and sent you a reply ^-^

Alright, here's a first pass. It took me longer than I thought to figure out the waves (based on that map you e-mailed me; by the way, I sent you an e-mail, but it was returned - not sure what happened).
    Here's what I have so far. I'm going to be replacing the mountains (they were just placeholders while I worked on the style of the map), and I'll add the labels as well. Not sure if you want all that shading, though - are you looking for a straight black and white map, or is this grayscale okay? I can remove the shading and grayscale stuff no problem if you need me to.

Name:	EosMap.jpg 
Views:	1100 
Size:	2.23 MB 
ID:	50277

The first Pass looks OK to me!!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Great - I should be able to update it in the next day or so. If you want anything added or fixed, just let me know ^-^

Alright, here's the map with the mountains redone and the labels added. Were there any forests or anything else you wanted on here?

Name:	Eos02.jpg 
Views:	1464 
Size:	2.29 MB 
ID:	50352

I'm wondering if the mountains are a little too dark/big, but I wanted to check in and see how you like the actual icons and such first. I also added a white border around the labels so they can be seen (especially Arngrim - it was hard to see on the island); I'm also wondering if white is a little too bright. Any changes/fixes/updates you want, just let me know! I have a lot more time this week, so I should be able to get anything else done pretty quick.