15 22.73%
  • Magma Bridge - aegean

1 1.52%
  • Lost Vaults of L. Morrow - Vry

1 1.52%
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: May Challenge Voting

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

This is rather amusing - the man who said it could never be done is quietly streaking into the lead

My vote went to Dorpond, but this was a tough challenge, that I felt rewarded those who knew more about compression ratios and other stuff than others. As an example look at my map (The Cemetary) and others. Mine, Little detail, bland color etc, yet it is no bigger than other stunning maps with vibrant colors and details, and it was frustrating because I knew I was doing something wrong, yet would never blame people for sharing their secrets (heck With a major prize on the line who can blame them ).
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Wow!
    *looks stunned*

Thank you all who have voted for me. There is lots of time though - usually the front liners fall off from exhaustion and the guys in the back end up having more stamina while they blast by and cross thh finish line first.

Thanks NeonKnight - I appreciate your vote. I never really looked at mine as being all that great - probably because I went blind looking at it for so long.

Heads up: I am adding more parts and pieces to my original thread so make sure you guys snag it all so you can make your own maps with it. Check back from time to time because I have plans on making that Bluffs "Art Pack" over the next couple weeks.
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-28-2008 at 03:58 PM.

Oh drat,
    The original thread is locked.

I will have to figure out a plan to get you guys the art pieces. Right now, I have to split and take my 4 month old daughter to get her immunity shots. :*(

See you guys in a while and good luck!

[edit]
    Man, that was tough.. A father is supposed to prevent people from hurting thier kids but yet I was forced to see 2 nurses stick 4 needles into my daughter and see her once happy face melt to screams of pain.. :*(
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-28-2008 at 03:26 PM.

Post Parts and Pieces

For now guys, I will put the parts and pieces in the RPTools gallery until I figure out:

A: If you guys want stuff like this on this website (art objects).
    B: Where they would go here if you did want them.

I'll contact RPMiller and find out what he suggests. I really like giving back to the community when I make maps so either way, they will be available somewhere.

http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib...ojects/Bluffs/

I plan on making more parts and peices and will eventually have that be a huge Bluffs Art Pack. If anyone wants to help, let me know - it could be fun!

Later!
    Last edited by dorpond; 05-28-2008 at 05:35 PM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

We do have a map elements forum where you can post all the art elements you want.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

So many entries, so few votes to cast...

I finally narrowed it down to Torq, Torstan and dorpond.

I wanted to vote for Torq because the creepy feel of his map is like a beckoning finger to me. The dimension is stunning, if not surreal. Definitely a piece to be proud of.

I wanted to vote for Torstan because his piece is simply beautiful... mind-bogglingly so. My jaw truly hit the floor when I saw the finished piece.

In the end I voted for dorpond. I don't think it's as pretty as the other two, but it sure ain't nothing to laugh at either. What got me was the perfect combination of a very attractive map and a large playable area full of options.

Congratulations to you all, you're a wonderfully talented bunch.

Guild Journeyer

Is this voting pattern normal? It seems very curious. There are a couple maps that have zero or one votes yet are (to me) of very high quality. Not that the maps garnering most of the votes don't deserve it, I just expected more of a bell curve, rather than so much flatness (I'm considering zero and ones to be flat). I wonder if blind voting would produce a bell curve or not.
    Last edited by meleeguy; 05-29-2008 at 03:30 AM. Reason: clarification

I expect that the zero votes are because some folks haven't gotten around to voting for themselves.

Heh, even I couldn't bring myself to vote for my entry! Meleeguy, in a distribution of this sort I'm not sure a bell curve is possible as there is only one series of data which is the number of votes. What we tend to get mostly are one or two runaway winners - so from a historical point of view this month is pretty normal in terms of statistical distribution!

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast