Thread: Hello Everyone!

Help Hello Everyone!

Hey all!

I am an author working on a fantasy novel. I am currently in the process of worldbuilding. While I often doodle maps in my spare time, I came here looking for a couple things:

1. A cartographer who could help me develop and create a professional looking map for my novel, and
    2. Tips and help on becoming a better cartographer myself.

I would love some help making a professional looking map, rather than my pencil sketches on napkins (publishers don't take a map built around a ketchup-stain lake very seriously!) I don't have any map making software, so anyone who can take on a project would be an absolute blessing. For anyone interested in helping, or just interested in reading and reviewing the novel can certainly respond here or other posts, or just shoot me an email!

Thanks everyone!

Is that a blood red lake stain!! Welcome to the mad house.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, you definitely came to the best place to learn mapping. A good place to start would be the Quick Guide to Mapping and the tuts are going to be your doo......erm..I mean best friend for the foreseeable future, or at least as long as it takes for you to shake the bug....and some of us are STILL trying to shake it...(albeit trying not too hard)
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome Albaen. I concur with Korash. Also, if you haven't already done so, you may place a want add for a commission in the "Map Requests" section.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Hello welcome to the forum.!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map