Thread: Ah, to be a part of the Cartographers Guild.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Owen Borseth's Avatar

Default Ah, to be a part of the Cartographers Guild.

As a noob fantasy author I've peeked at this website and oogled over the many awesome fantasy maps more times than I can possibly count. Thought you guys might find this interesting; I'm a horrible artist but a decent programmer so I drew my map and made it interactive using the Google Maps API: Owen Borseth | Legends of Nuvia: The Soul of Kaesh | The World of Nuvia

I'm still working on it, but if you click on the city of Gozal in the upper part of the map you can see sort of the direction I'm going. My hope is to have the map be completely interactive with a ton of information and maybe even add some game type elements to it.

Tchau!

Hello welcome to the forum..
    Nice thanks for sharing...!!!
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Welcome Own! Not a bad map, but you can find tips on improving your cartography skills in the tutorials section. Look forward to seeing more of your work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Owen Borseth's Avatar

Thanks all. I definitely plan on reading the tutorials and trying to improve. The realism of the maps here blows me away; I certainly have a lot to learn.