Thread: Need map for my RP forum

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Nymira Blake's Avatar

Default Need map for my RP forum

The main reason I am asking for an unpaid commission is because this map is to contain canon kingdoms and someone making money off of someone else's world (in this case, more than one world) is just, ick. Secondly, as much as I would love to compensate the wonderful artist who chooses to take on my request, I can't because I'm broke Anyways, on to my request!

Place of use: I will be using it on my multifandom RPG, Frozen. It will be up in its own thread somewhere in the character creation board, with full credits (I can't stress that enough). I know artists who don't get compensated nor credited can be distrustful, so if you feel the need to stalk and check and make sure the credit remains, by all means go ahead, I won't be offended in the least bit.

Kingdoms:
    • Arendelle
    • Wonderland
    • Narnia
    • Fairy Tale Land
    • Oz
    • Berk

Towns/Villages/Landmarks Within the Kingdoms:
    • Arendelle: The castle, the mountains, the village with a chapel at its center
    • Wonderland: Looking Glass Land, Underland, Queensland, Pale Realm
    • Narnia -- Main places to show: Western Woods, Witch's Castle, Aslan's Camp, Cair Paravel, Shuddering Wood, Owlwood, Stormness Head
    • FTL: The Enchanted Forest, Agrabah, DunBroch, Camelot
    • Oz

I am really bad at drawing, even the most basic outlines so I will leave placement that haven't already been made to the artist. I do want it noted, however that I wish for FTL and Arendelle to be connected; Berk is to be an island; and Wonderland is its own continent, the only way in or out being through The Looking Glass. Where the (2) mirrors are located is up to you, as long as there is only one IN Wonderland and one OUT.

Size: This being an entire planet, I can imagine it will be very large. You can 'cut it up' into separate pictures if it makes it easier on you. I ask that it be large enough that when clicking the image, it will open as big as the Narnia or Oz maps above.

Style: I'd prefer it to be similar to this style. But as long as it is done digitally (and coloured) I will be happy.

Edit: Some people think I want it to be as detailed as that, and I'm sorry I did not clear that up originally. I do not want it detailed like that, I just want the colouring, texture, and font to be somewhat alike. Simple ^ brushes for the mountain regions and pine trees scattered where the forests are is all I need.

Time Constraint: This is a large project and I do not expect you to work on it every single day. Of course, the sooner the better but if it could be done within 3 months, that would be great. There's absolutely no rush.

Contact Details: You may contact me via skype, kittysinthetic. Please let me know who you are and that you're from CG or I may ignore you. I tend to get a lot of spam friend requests. If you do not have a skype, then my secondary preference of contact is via email at autumnsmuse2 at gmail.com

Thank you ahead of time!
    Last edited by Nymira Blake; 01-20-2016 at 05:17 PM.

Guild Member Facebook Connected

O_O

That is lots of work. So, you would require in total 7 maps, (One main map, multiple zoom-up like maps) and in the style of one of the greats?

I believe the map you posted for an example was quoted at almost a thousand dollars or more to make and maybe about 40+ hours to make or more from the looks of it. And three months is a short period for what looks like maybe a year or two's worth of 'passive' work. You can maybe get someone to 'hammer out' seven highly detailed fantasy maps in three months but that is eating noodles, coffee and toast every day for three months. lol

Wish you asked for something more reasonable, I'm looking for a small project. Good luck finding someone though! I'm watching this post because this does sound like a very interesting idea/map.

Too bad this is a unpaid. Sounds like a really fun commission/map. Best of luck finding someone though, would love to see this finished!

However, just so you know, your preferred style, added with the complexity and size of this map, would realistically add up to quite a large fee

Best of luck.

Cheers,
    Tainotim

(What Robert said)
    Last edited by tainotim; 01-20-2016 at 03:14 AM. Reason: to slow

Guild Member Facebook Connected

Quote Originally Posted by tainotim View Post
    Too bad this is a unpaid. Sounds like a really fun commission/map. Best of luck finding someone though, would love to see this finished!

However, just so you know, your preferred style, added with the complexity and size of this map, would realistically add up to quite a large fee

Best of luck.

Cheers,
    Tainotim
    Curious, what would you charge for this if you would give someone a fair shake?

I would charge about $300-$500 per mini-map and $400-$800 for the full sized/world map. But I would be over charging slightly because I am slow and hand draw everything. lol

Guild Novice Facebook Connected Nymira Blake's Avatar

Sorry guys, I was tired when I posted this last night.

I am NOT wanting it to be as detailed as the example I linked to above. I am perfectly okay with just ^ for mountains and some pine tree brushes splattered all over for the trees. When I said similar to, I meant in terms of colouring, texture, and fonts. I will fix my OP to hopefully clear that up. On top of that, there are three maps that have already been made for those certain kingdoms, so it would be a matter of just copying the shapes of those.