Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A Blank Globe

Quote Originally Posted by GlennZilla View Post
    I can give you a much easier method for a dry erase board. Go to the local Lowe's/Home Depot/DIY store and buy a sheet of "Tile Board". It's used to make cheap showers and bath enclosures. Thus it is white, waterproof and most of all cheap. I bought a 4ft x 8ft sheet last year for less than $10. I glued some flattened tin siding to the back and presto instant mangentic whiteboard for under $20 and an afternoon's work.

I'm currently working on using "line tape" which is similar to pinstriping tape to mark off a grid. I just can't seem to find it in a light gray to avoid it contrasting too much.
    Grid....? what is the board for?

25 years ago (gulp) my DM bought a 4x4 sheet of plexiglass that we heavily scored on an inch grid. We filled in the score marks with black paint, wiped it off then painted the whole thing white on top. Flip the thing over and that was our play table Just mapped as we went along, using pieces from boardgames as markers (I was always the top-hat from monopoly )

-Rob A>

Dry erase globes? Nice idea. Probably wouldn't be worth the expense, but wouldn't a tablet globe pressure sensitive stylus be cool. As I say, not worth the expense, but cooler than, say, MS Surface :spit:.

Guild Journeyer

Grid....? what is the board for?
    Well some of my play group want to use the D&D minis on a grid. I have been running gridless for a while, but now they want to try it on a battlemat, and that requires adding a grid to my whiteboard.

It also means that we'll be removing the whiteboard from it's place on the wall to the table top.

I was hoping to find some vinyl tape in a light color to use to give an effect similar to graph paper. That way the grid won't be distracting.

any idea about where to find a globe 40 cm (or more) wide?

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    Buy a beachball and spray paint it?
    too soft, I need it to be rigid.

Guild Journeyer

I think your best bet will be buying a standard earth globe and just repainting it carefully. Maybe carefully sanding and apply a layer of paper over it before painting could be needed.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast