Thread: Two Maps for Futuristic Young Adult Sci-Fi Adventure Novel.

Default Two Maps for Futuristic Young Adult Sci-Fi Adventure Novel.

If you are interested in this job, please contact me for further info regarding payment. I'm open to a flat rate or, possibly, doing a contract for royalty payments.

As for the maps, I would need two. One is a less detailed map of Mars with some of its current named features as well as the locations of seven settlements. The second is a city-detail of the settlement where the story takes place. I have rough drafts that I can send as attachments in an email. They're not very good, so I'm too ashamed to post them here.

In terms of style, I'm not an artist, so I'm open to conversation about what would look best with my story. The story is set in the future, but I don't know how that can be reflected in a map. There are also steam-punk elements in the story. I'm a fan of Isaac Stewart's maps that he's done for Brandon Sanderson's Mistborn books and Way of Kings. However, at the moment, this book will only be e-published, so full color would work and would look really great (I think?) on the Ipad or Kindle Fire. So I'm happy to entertain that possibility. I tried to find something similar in the guild gallery, but I can't seem navigate it very well.

This project will only be printed (at the moment) for Kindle, so I believe it would need to be RGB, jpeg, 1563 pixels on the shortest side and 2500 on the longest (guidelines taken from Kindle cover dimensions). If anyone knows otherwise, let me know. Here are more details on image guidelines for internal images for Kindle. https://kdp.amazon.com/self-publishi...A1B6GKJ79HC7AN

I'm not sure about how long it takes to create maps at all, so when I explain my timetable, please feel free to let me know if what I'm asking is completely impossible. I would like to publish this book by December 21st. That means I would like to have the maps done by December 19th. I'm flexible and I have worked in the publishing industry for several years, so I know that sometimes making a deadline is almost impossible. This is my ideal. If you can do it, great. If not, let's talk. I've written and self-published several books and plan to do many more. What I mean is, I'm not just looking for a one-time deal. If we work together and get along well, I will work with you again.

Copyright is open for discussion and will be determined based on pay. For the moment, I'm happy to have the right to print it in the ebook. If the artist wants to retain rights, cool. Again, what we do here is based on payment and we can discuss it further when we talk about that.

My other books can be found at amazon under Nicole Grotepas. Thanks for reading! Looking forward to working with you.
    email me at grotepas--at--gmail.com if you're interested in this project.

Taken. Thanks!