Thread: Chamber Room of the 8 Worlds.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Default November / December 2012 Lite Challenge: Chamber Room of the 8 Worlds.

I guess I will give this a shot. I downloaded a big file of hand-drawn dungeon parts that someone posted here a while back. Sorry, but I can't remember now who it was (I will try to see if I can find out- but thank you whoever you were!) I always meant to give them a try so now I am.

Really have no idea right now where I am going with this...maybe no place.

###LATEST WIP###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8worlds2.jpg 
Views:	3235 
Size:	81.5 KB 
ID:	50311  
    Last edited by timallen; 11-30-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Guild Adept Facebook Connected timallen's Avatar

Got a bit more work done.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	8worlds2.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	1.67 MB 
ID:	50412  
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 12-16-2012 at 02:27 PM. Reason: Correcting WIP tag

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected dasneviano's Avatar

Nice looking map, and nice story!
    I'm new here and don't know much, but it seems you're not following the contest post format, so you're map is not showing on the thumbnails page.
    Please someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nice map Tim!

I think you have to download directly to your post, not as an attachment, to get the ###LATEST WIP## # thing to put you on the thumbnail page.

I like it so far! Always in favour of having a bit of a story behind a map. The issues I have with it mostly concern the scroll, but I guess that's my personal pet-peeve. When the sides are rolled up like this it makes me wonder what's on that part of the parchment: seems strange to just have empty space there, no? Also, if you would like a more realistic look to your parchment edges I would suggest looking up images of the Dead Sea Scrolls as reference. A little extreme, but it works!

The reason it wasn't showing up in the Thumbnails was due to a lack of spaces between the ###'s and the 'Latest WIP'. I added the spaces for you and it's showing up in the thumbs now.

I like this map btw, it's got a slightly "Torstan"-ish look to it.

You may have a couple typos: I think you mean "Insistence" and "Wizards" instead of "Insestance" and "wisards".
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Not to be the grammar police either, but I noticed a few other typos: Second sentence: First found the the gates, should be found that the gates.
    Also: He escaped the trap with his last strength and killed the Guild assassins. Unless of course the typos were deliberate to make it look like the text was written that way on purpose.