Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Free Font Creator

Quote Originally Posted by Arcana View Post
    39$ is a lot closer to free than Fontographer which used to be the be-all-end-all font program back in the day...its no longer made I don't think.
    It lives again. Same company has a number of other tools at various price points as well, though none are free.
    Last edited by Wordman; 05-29-2008 at 01:00 PM.

Post FontCreator 6.0.1

FontCreator 6.0.1
    I found a free one!
    Never mind is only for 30 days
    Last edited by Codeman862; 10-24-2009 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Never mind is only trial

Google Fontforge... there's supposedly some tutorials out there for working in a combination of Fontforge and inkscape to make fonts.
    My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
    Gimp Gradient Basics

Post I had a font creator...

It could be that my purchased font creator from a download was on a PC, that is nolonger in my shop (dead and replaced), since I haven't been able to find it on my current PCs. My "gnomic script" I used in my current Gnomic Vault map, I wanted to convert into an actual font, but as stated, I couldn't find the app on my PCs.

I created a font from my hand-lettered printing once, and might still have that "font" in one of my older PCs. And I think it was the $39.00 one, which was purchased at least 3, possibly 5 years ago.

Although I felt it was a bit cumbersome to use, I could probably use such an app today.

GP
    Gamer Printshop Publishing, Starfinder RPG modules and supplements, Map Products, Map Symbol Sets and Map Making Tutorial Guide
    DrivethruRPG store

Artstation Gallery - Maps and 3D illustrations

I found a youtube video showing how to create fonts.
    Take a look and see if the result is satisfying. You'll find the video here:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1lD9czVUGCY

Font Creator 6.1 has a "Free to try (30-day trial)". Perhaps an earlier version could be free.

If you search in youtube you'll find many similar videos.
    Last edited by vhailor27; 10-24-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: font, creator, free

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12