Thread: Newbie with FM8

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Default Newbie with FM8

I discovered this site today... I have always hand-drawn maps, but I think something a bit more streamlined will not only be easier to work with but I really have no idea how to use the program effectively. I downloaded the Vintyi collections and I just feel like I'm in over my head.

What steps have you taken to learn FM8 so far? Have you downloaded the two tutorials and worked your way through them? They take only a few days' time.

You can download the beginning documentation and tutorial here:

NBOS Online Exchange

You can download the advanced raster mapping tutorial here:

http://www.nbos.com/vintyri/pdftu01.zip

FM8 is very easy to use, compared to most cartographic programs. It will let you be an expert user after about a weeks' worth of work with these two tutorials. Just work your way through them following the instructions, step by step. If you have problems with something in the tutorials, let us know what those problems are, and I'm sure you'll get the help you need.

If you have worked your way through the tutorials and you're still having problems, let us know what those problems are. Once again, I'm sure you'll get the help that you need.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Oliva View Post
    If you have worked your way through the tutorials and you're still having problems, let us know what those problems are. Once again, I'm sure you'll get the help that you need.
    I'm technologically illiterate... I mean, I've even owned a smartphone for less than a week as well... o.o That's my main issue

Feeling stupid.. FM has a way to layer things... I make cities, and every so often it duplicates a city name and then no matter what the two cities are clickable at the same time. How do I stop it from doing this?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiyla Bradford View Post
    Feeling stupid.. FM has a way to layer things... I make cities, and every so often it duplicates a city name and then no matter what the two cities are clickable at the same time. How do I stop it from doing this?
    Why don't you contact me by private E-Mail. Then you can send me your map and I probably can see what you're doing wrong.

info-at-vintyri.org
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project