Thread: Zierra - Science Fantasy

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Post Zierra - Science Fantasy

Today I started mapping a city.

Pen & paper, upon a digital coast outline. When I started, I had no river - when I make a major revision (to fix up that traingular grid in the north, and make more dead-end), I will change the course of the river (and find out more about proper docks).

I have yet to do a 'temple' district, which will be more spread out, more gardens, cemetary, etc; and also a military district, with army facilities, aeroplane runways, etc; and the 'old' city will expand across the river, and a bt more upriver. I will also shift the water-barrier (name?) further outwards.

Then I have to figure out how to fit a railway system in...

It is a metropolis that has begun industrialisation, so there will be lots of outskirts that are being developed - like in the east of the Sister.

FYI, that dotted wedge of land near the north of the old city, it's an independantly "governed" ghetto state. "Governed" in the sense that a bunch of crime lords own it.

WARNING: DO NET LET PENS ROLL OFF TABLES. T_T the felt tip snapped off my finest (0.1) pen. *cries*

EDIT: Always check which windows you're closing in Photoshop. I just lost my digital outline base. *cries more* Ah well, I'll just have to edit what I've scanned in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zierra_WIP_1.png 
Views:	101 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	4017   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zierra_WIP_2.png 
Views:	192 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	4018  
    Last edited by aeronox; 05-29-2008 at 09:39 AM.