Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tranquillity Pond

Default Tranquillity Pond

The line-art for this map was created long time ago along with the River Crossing map.
    I had two ideas for the map back then and decided to pick River Crossing as it seemed more interesting.
    So it's kind of old project to finish, but you know... better later than never

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tranquility_Pond_daytime_CG.jpg 
Views:	334 
Size:	2.88 MB 
ID:	124672

Same as River Crossing I made 3 versions of the map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Tranquility_Pond_3verCG.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	2.72 MB 
ID:	124673

Cheers
    Rafal
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Guild Expert

I never tire of you’re beautiful line work... this one is especially clean and crispy, and I really like the twinkling night time version... Great job!

Beautiful as always, Voolf.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

They look great Voolf.
    I really like the variations, particularly the corruption.
    I have to spread rep before I can rep, but I will return.

By the way, have you considered creating for roll20?

The trio view is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    I never tire of you’re beautiful line work... this one is especially clean and crispy, and I really like the twinkling night time version... Great job!
    Thanks Kacey. I like the night version too

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Beautiful as always, Voolf.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    They look great Voolf.
    I really like the variations, particularly the corruption.
    I have to spread rep before I can rep, but I will return.

By the way, have you considered creating for roll20?
    Thanks John.
    About the Roll20. I did think about it few month ago, but when I had to fill again international tax form I resigned from moving forward with this. I did not have a good experience with DrivethruRPG before.
    Maybe i should give it another go?

Quote Originally Posted by Alanthiar View Post
    The trio view is amazing!
    Thank you.
    New Horizons

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons

Support:

I work on Roll20 a bit, I have 20 packs, it works out to around an average of $10 per pack earned per month right now, obviously some sell better than others... so, that's a value of a commission or two a month at this point of development. It might be worth it to you but it may also hamper your promotion matrix, since giving away free non-commissioned maps likely brings in a certain amount of traffic that then turns around and hires you for a specific idea in the future, and you also have a Patreon where you would likely share maps that you would sell on Roll20, getting you both a split on whether they buy from Patreon or Roll20, but also access to both marketplaces... while I wouldn't discourage you from trying, as your maps will sell on there too, you might find it a frustrating division of attention from the Patreon that you're trying to build. The good thing is, it will create another income stream, as there are people who likely don't look any further than the Roll20 marketplace. I won't discourage you, just trying to give you an idea of what to expect. It's beer money, if you don't get a serious collection of work available and keep it coming.

Map's nice, by the way.

Click my banner, behold my art! Fantasy maps for Dungeons and Dragons, RPGS, novels.
    No obligation, free quotes. I also make custom PC / NPC / monster tokens.
    Contact me: calthyechild@gmail.com or _ti_ (Discord) to discuss a map!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiana View Post
    I work on Roll20 a bit, I have 20 packs, it works out to around an average of $10 per pack earned per month right now, obviously some sell better than others... so, that's a value of a commission or two a month at this point of development. It might be worth it to you but it may also hamper your promotion matrix, since giving away free non-commissioned maps likely brings in a certain amount of traffic that then turns around and hires you for a specific idea in the future, and you also have a Patreon where you would likely share maps that you would sell on Roll20, getting you both a split on whether they buy from Patreon or Roll20, but also access to both marketplaces... while I wouldn't discourage you from trying, as your maps will sell on there too, you might find it a frustrating division of attention from the Patreon that you're trying to build. The good thing is, it will create another income stream, as there are people who likely don't look any further than the Roll20 marketplace. I won't discourage you, just trying to give you an idea of what to expect. It's beer money, if you don't get a serious collection of work available and keep it coming.

Map's nice, by the way.
    Spot on Tiana. Those are exactly my concerns.
    Thanks for your thoughts on that. I may give it a go after all.
    Considering my patreon is not growing too much, i may find some time to do battlemaps especially for Roll20.
    New Horizons

Support:

Great advice, Tiana.
    I have seen varying results myself on roll20.
    Oddly, i did better than patreon on 2 months, but not on the current month.
    The more you make, the more you will probably grow on roll20, i suspect.
    There are some frustrating limits there, that are not present on patreon.
    But there are definitely customers who wouldn't be patreon users.

I actually find making product for roll20 somewhat easier and less stressful.
    I think i just like the nature of a product better than the nature of subscription.
    Possibly because i have more times of irregularity, which works easier for product.

If you decide to go for it, I would imagine Tiana and I would be willing to offer any helpful insight we've had with the process.

Great "little" map that proves (once more) than your a great cartographer whatever the scale .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast