Thread: Fontseeker

Post Fontseeker

here is a handy little app for previewing how text will appear in different fonts. It is meant to be used with xara, I guess. Just type in your text and it will display it in all your installed fonts. http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by/fontseeker.htm
    SeerBlue

So simple, yet so useful. Thanks Seer!

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

I still can't figure out how to use it. I don't have a printer connected to my laptop though.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Hey Arkkeeper, you should just have to download it and then click on the exe, it will then search for all your installed fonts and list them in the lower,large section of the screen. To see what your test would look like in a certain font, just type your text in the top input area, also there is a little > symbol next to the left hand side of the text input area, that will open up the filter window, to filter for certain types of fonts. I think you can only drop and drag into Xara, I just use it to see how different fonts look for text,
    SeerBlue

Guild Journeyer

I was able to drag and drop the text as an image into OpenOffice Writer, and then copy/paste to Photoshop Elements. A round about way to get text in a font photoshop isn't accepting, but then again I never looked to see how to set font paths in it or anything.