Thread: Looking for a map for my homebrew D&D Setting

Post Looking for a map for my homebrew D&D Setting

Subject: I am looking for someone to produce a map to accompany my Homebrew Campaign Setting for Dungeons and Dragons. The map involved is of a supercontinent the rougly the size of the Eurasian Supercontinent. Below is a link to the rough draft I have created.

Hearth Realm - Please ignore the scale on this map, I would like it to reflect a map that is roughly the size of the Eurasian Supercontinent (20,846,000 sq mi), so please use whatever scale you feel fits it best.

Style: I am looking for something in a very detailed fantasy style, much like the work of Robert Altbauer.

Quality and Size: I am looking for something that is pretty detailed, showing major settlements and key sites (as marked on my draft). The size I'm looking for would be a standard poster-size map (18" by 24"). I believe that this would be sufficient to lay out the details of the map such that important land marks are easy to spot.

Time Constraints: I have no current limit on time, as this is my personal work which will be shared with a small group of friends.

Copyright: The artist will keep full copyright for the map as the project is intended for personal use only. One copy of said map will be printed and kept in my personal Dungeons and Dragons folder.

Contact Information:
    e-Mail: samuel.raup--at--rcn.com

I preface this project by wishing my utmost gratitude to whomever takes up my cause. This setting is almost five years of my blood sweat and tears and I would love to see this world come to life in beautiful color.
    Last edited by Slamminsamr; 12-03-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, if you ask me, I think you should ask Robert directly...He goes by the name of Sapiento here at the Guild, and is one of our best.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

I selected unpaid because I cannot afford to spend any money on the project. His work looks as if it would cost me literally a week's pay to cover, and my income is by no means small. If I suddenly come across a large windfall of money I would be more than happy to ask him, but at this point I can't swing it.

I'll try to work on this. I have finals next week so it might be a bit sparse on development but we'll see if I can get it done next week.

What kind of terrain do you want in each region?