Thread: Weekend Project: Two maps of Taerth

Map Weekend Project: One map of Taerth

I've lurked for a while now, and I have to say there's a lot of helpful content.

This is a pretty broad overview map of an entire, and very large, continent. You can see that I drew some borders in it (Which are shown very faintly), just to suggest the various polities and regions that make up the continent.

While this is based on a randomly-generated coastline generated from cloud noise, I eventually did the coastline forms over again entirely on Photoshop. After some time hand-drawing coastline features (I use a Wacom tablet), I then drew the topographical features (Since this is a weekend project, I went with a look that I could produce quickly - no time to draw iconography here). I moved over to Illustrator to add in graphical elements and text (The font used is one of the Fell Type Revival fonts, which are simply beautiful). Then, back to Photoshop for a final adjustments.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	taerth-physical-full.png 
Views:	454 
Size:	3.99 MB 
ID:	50370
    Last edited by BonSequitur; 12-06-2012 at 10:35 AM.

I like it! The contrast of the deep blue and tan works very well.

I like the colour choices too, and the map is nice and clear. It looks great for a quick weekend project.

Your link didn't work so I had to look up the fell type revival fonts. Did you mean to link to this site here? Because those are very pretty.

Oops, yes. I corrected the OP with the right URL.