Thread: Fortress of Frozen Tears

Wip Fortress of Frozen Tears

My 4E D&D campaign is approaching a climactic encounter with the Prince of Frost, possibly on his home territory : his Fortress of Frozen Tears.

I've got ideas about changing his powers so that he's a more interesting combatant, but I'm just failing to make his throne room terribly exciting.

The plan is to populate his tower with bleak forbidding ice statues (previous victims), and evoke an environment that's a cross between Superman's Fortress of Solitude from the 80's movies, and The World of Warcraft's Icecrown Fortress.

The final fight needs to feel Epic -- and I'm struggling to make the area live up. There may be floating hunks of dark ice involved somehow

Anyways, here's the first iteration of the throne room. The big bare area in the middle will feature a raised platform with a throne of ice upon it (offset to the north from the center). I'm also planning to have other platforms at different elevations to encourage movement. But not sure where to put them.

Any ideas to make this more epic?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fortress.jpg 
Views:	434 
Size:	684.1 KB 
ID:	50380  

Looking good - its a great base and the colour scheme works well. Good luck on this.