Thread: Your favourite map by a non-CG mapper?

Default Your favourite map by a non-CG mapper?

Hey all,

As a map-addict, i return to the CG daily to look for new contributions. Every now and then, i start a search through the rest of the i-net for great looking maps. Deviant-Art is also a very nice place to look for map artists. But Google-searches also turn up a lot of results.

Well, long story, short : I thought we could collect in this thread maps from all over the i-net that have captured our eyes and that are from folks who are not already CG members. I know sometimes we might show a map from someone already on CG but who uses a different name elsewhere but who cares

So, show me your favourite non-CG maps!

I'll start:

xshayarsha on deviantART
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Seriously? No other "great maps outside the CG community"?! I can't believe it! I am sure you have tons of stuff in your inspiration folders that is not from here.

Show it to us, we want to see

And to again lead by example: http://harmonicsonic.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d4svbr0
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

The rivers are all kinds of messed up on that one, but it's still pretty.

I'm kind of partial to this one, this one, and especially this one.

Thanks, Diamond!

Over 200 views and only one reply? Well, i am disappointed in you, CG...for the first time
    So you guys are saying that all your favourite maps are from here? Or are you all just too lazy?
    I'm trapped in Darkness,

Well, speaking for myself, slammed as I am at the moment, I'd rather spend my time making a new map than looking for external links to others. This is the sort of activity that I would get involved in if I had the time to track down where certain entries in my inspiration folder came from (a lot of times the title isn't exactly clear as to who did it. There's a lesson there for us artists who post on the net regarding the titles we put on things).

Honestly, I can't even keep up with what's going on here. If I do happen to have some lounge time I might post a link or two but most of my favorites are from here anyway.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

I have always been inspired by those for as a modern style of maps and city plans...
    http://http://sorol.wikispaces.com/Atlas
    Norscand Geofiction

But I think that it's well known sites for a part of you guys.