Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perdon

The detailed brushes are just beautiful, soft. What are you going to do with that empty space up north? Here there be [insert things here]?

Blog Entries

Very interesting map. I like the tall mountain(s) in the middle a lot, along with the border. With the darker colors it all fits along nicely. Be interested to see where it goes from here!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Ramah good job here, nice brushes, thanks for the inspiration!! And some Rep for it!!

Blog Entries

Thanks guys.

I'm about half way through roughing in the labels and need to take a break so it seemed like a good time to update. I've dragged across the labels from the Aronbor map, which I am using as a starting point and updating from there. Some of the features in Aronbor have changed a little though so they need adjusting in places. I've decided to ditch the iso symbols in favour of some basic shape icons for this map, so all the little houses etc. in Aronbor will also be disappearing.
    As for the new labels I've added, they are only roughed in at the moment and will probably change in size, colour, positioning, angle and possibly font too.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaniya_large_labels1.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	1.37 MB 
ID:	52130
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Wow...this is really beautiful! I'd wish that you'd give us a higher resolution so that we could zoom in more...to see all the glorious details.

Oh and if i am wishing already...any chance you will talk about the setting? The history and background of all those nice places we see on that map? Yeah, i'm a roleplayer...does it show?!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

This is just Stunning Ramah. It's good to see you back in the saddle.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

i love the border on this one

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

Sure a fine piece of work! Though not a great fan of Tusj font that don't really fit the others fonts used on the map imho.

Does anyone know what this type of map is called? Is there a specific term for the style of art used in these maps?

They're not exactly "Topographic" but calling them "Tolkienesque" seems a bit over-kill.

Help?

-GP

Guild Expert Facebook Connected vorropohaiah's Avatar

I'd call it fantastical, as its not like anything found in the real-world (at least that I'm aware of)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast