Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Perdon

Ramah: I'm very curious about more or less every part of the process for this. Is a lot of it handmade?

Guild Member Facebook Connected Thordred's Avatar

This is my favorite map on the entire forum.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the comments, people.

Max, I had no intention of keeping the Tusj font - that was a throwback to the previous Aronbor/Perdon version. I'd say don't worry but I feel that my choice of font to replace it may be equally or maybe even more divisive. I'm hoping it works for others though as I really like it.

Maquesh: The forests are created using TreeThing but everything else is hand drawn.

So... update time. I meant to say for the last update that there had been some geological movement that had created a dozen or so new rivers. Well this time it has been ever more pronounced and with another 4 or 5 rivers comes a bunch of new hills and some ground rupturing - especially around the Sundered Mounts region.
    I've also added a slew of new labels but I still have stacks more to do. :S

I've also added some rhumb lines courtesy of Schwarzkreuz's brush so cheers for that.

Anyway, here's the image...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaniya_large_labels2.jpg 
Views:	139 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	52326
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

I like the new font That's some kind of detail (but details also makes great maps) but I especially like the way you centered the rhumb lines on the labels.

I still have the same wishes/questions as on the last page

Quote Originally Posted by Eilathen View Post
    I'd wish that you'd give us a higher resolution so that we could zoom in more...to see all the glorious details.

Oh and if i am wishing already...any chance you will talk about the setting? The history and background of all those nice places we see on that map? Yeah, i'm a roleplayer...does it show?!
    I'm trapped in Darkness,
    Still I reach out for the Stars

Blog Entries

Oh, sorry Eilathen.

At some stage I will put up a larger image, once I have all the labels put in, but for now I'm going to keep it smaller. I am currently posting it at 25% size so there is a lot of expansion to show.
    As to the history and background of the setting... I will try to give a little info when I post it in the Finished Maps section. If I recall correctly I did post some tidbits of info in the original Vaniya and Aronbor Finished Map threads. I guess as you are interested (thanks for that) then I will try and go into a little more detail when I post it up.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

Blog Entries

Hey there,

I thought I'd upload the latest version of my Vaniya map. I still have lots of labels to sort out on it and the roads need adjusting and I need to redo the trees and.... still quite a bit to do. But as I haven't touched it for a while and I'm not sure when I will then I may as well put it up as it is for now.

This version is at 50% size and compressed a little to keep file size down.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Vaniya_Large_Labels.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	3.94 MB 
ID:	53583

Guild Member Facebook Connected

This should be a cartographer's choice for sure! I rarely see maps that are so artistic and informative at the same time. I especially like the border.

Jeebus! What a beautiful map. I stared at it for a while admiring and learning from the way you did stuff on it.

You are a cartographic master.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast