Okay, Once more into the breach lads!

Waaay back when I first joined the Guild, I thought I did a decent job drawing land masses, but was a complete disaster when it came to drawing terrain features. Since then I have tried all sorts of techniques as they came up here (computer or otherwise) and after a while I figured I would try my hand at ye ol' pencil and paper again.

What you see below is a portion of the Falkland Islands, scale increased, with some pencil test goes at mountains and hills/rough terrain. In the bottom right you will see an attempt at mountains, while the mass to the top right is the rough ground that will get more mountainous as you go north and east... These are test drawing for look and style, with scale another factor to consider when it comes time to do it on the actual sheet.

I would like some critique on what you think of the look, style, scale, or even if they are recognizable for what they are stated to be. Don't be shy to pick the nits Progress on this will be slow, but I do intend to ink the map once I have it closer to completion with the pencil work.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Falktest1.png 
Views:	519 
Size:	2.48 MB 
ID:	50395