Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Looking for Help, Looking for a Collaborator

Moved to the mapmaking requests forum because it's a better place for it. Carry on gentlemen.
    Last edited by Jaxilon; 01-15-2013 at 11:29 AM.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

@ Jaxilon - thanks ^^;

@ all - thanks for the feedback! It's been quite awhile since I last was able to update the map, but I've managed to get quite a bit more done. I finished the forests, and added in the jungles and the swamp area (oops - forgot the dry lands area just north of the swamp). I also did a second pass of the political borders. I like that there's now some color on the map, but at the same time I'm not sure it really fits the overall map style. I'm actually just now thinking that solid, semi-transparent colored lines, probably on top of everything but the labels, sort of like that "highlighter" effect on some old maps might be better, instead of the glow.

As the map stands now, however, I think it's wrapping up pretty well. Again, any and all feedback is very much appreciated!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_03_small.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	546.0 KB 
ID:	51645
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Another quick update - added in the "drylands", labeled Drylands & Putrid Swamp, and modified the colors of the forests and jungles slightly to bring out the green. I'm still not sure the political borders are the best they could be, but they work well enough (for now).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	web_05_small.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	547.1 KB 
ID:	51698
    Portfolio & Project Blog: 99 Colored Umbrellas
    World Building Project: Worlds of Sand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12