Thread: Hello everyone!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Hello everyone!

Hello everyone!

Oh well...at first I'd like to say that I literally have no expierience with graphics and making maps. Then why do I want to create one? I found a very old map, that I made when I was a kid, and I thought that it would be fun to remake it.

((Please, don't mind my English skills, which are low. It's not my native language and I may have problems with it))

Hey post up that old map, it could be an interesting journey to see how you can improve. Welcome aboard

Welcome to the Guild!

What do you want to do with the new version of the map? If it is to be just for fun, and as a standalone artwork, your options are many. While you have few graphics skills - yet ;-) - do you have favorite styles? Wanting to do something in a modern A-Z / Michelin / National Geographic / Berndtson / Rand Mcnally atlas-type map would be a different set of skills to learn than if you intend something in a Tolkein/ Majorcan/ Ortelius / Piri Reis style. Have you read the QuickStart Guide to Fantasy Mapping in the Tutorials forum?

Even if you do not already have graphics skills, you may have tools available that would help you pick styles and methods -- for instance PhotoShop is one of the most capable graphics programs, with many tutorials available here and elsewhere. But it is expensive and will take some time to learn. If you already have access to a copy of PS , good -- if you have time to devote to it. If a coworker, family member, or friend already uses some other graphics app, consider using it so you can get personalized help.

So there is a lot of help available right here in the Guild, just let us know what you want to try to do. And your English seems fine, by the way :-).

Welcome to the Guild!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh