Thread: Linux problems

Post Linux problems

I'm still a newbie and was just wondering if anyone else has hit this problem.

I am dual booting my machine into Windows XP Pro and to Linux (Ubuntu 0804). I am running the latest Firefox browser on each.

On my XP system, I can get to this site fine. On the Linux system I get a page error every time. The site works fine for IE on XP as well. I prefer running the Linux version with the Firefox browser because it is so much faster but hate not being able to check out all the great maps here.

This is the only site that I have this kind of problems with. Anyone else having similiar issues?

Of course if you are, you probably can't read this!

Blog Entries

This one is probably for Arcana to have a look into but whats the error code. Like a 404 is the unknown page code. You might want to find out your IP address (go to whatsmyip.com) or something like that and PM Arcana and he might be able to look through the logs to see what the error code the server is dishing up.

I get quite a few errors from this site too - maybe 1 in 50 page hits or so but I just reload page and its all ok again. I have put it down to transfer volume since some of the maps are very large and other people might be looking at something and loading the server.

I have also noted that if you fetch pages too fast it stops you. But most of the time you cant see that.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I wasn't aware of any of the above...Although I do get the occasional "Server was Reset" error...but thats pretty rare...Yes let me know what the error code is and I'll take a look.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

I finally got a chance to try to log back on using Linux and Firefox and am still getting the same error. Its the following -

Connection Interrupted

The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

The network link was interrupted while negotiating a connection. Please try again.

It gives this to me right after it finishes looking up and contacting the server.

I was trying to log on today at around 1:27 pm CST today.

Guild Journeyer

For the last couple of days my office has been unable to establish a connection with the server. I attribute it to the state giving the IT jobs to the lower bidder.

But if anyone misses me that's probably the reason. That and they make me use IE 6.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was also unable to get to it from work, and attributed it to a proxy filter...but apparently that problem has sorted itself out now...I'm still drawing a blank on the server connection/reset issue, and have an open ticket with my host on the issue.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin