Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: 4e Core Rulebooks

Quote Originally Posted by loogie View Post
    and even for you DNDers, Iron Crown Enterprises has some amazing resources for RPing regaurdless of system...
    Agreed. There was a book about building castles and fortresses that had loads of great information, down to the niggly details of how many square feet per diner should be available in the great hall. I'd provide the actual title, but it's packed away in my storage unit at the moment.

I enjoy the occasional D&D session, but people come into the game with so many preconceived notions that I generally avoid it, too.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    Still I have to say nothing will ever be as good as 2nd edition AD&D. After TSR everything went Downhill.
    To this old timer, the path downhill started with 2nd edition.

My philosophy has always been play what you enjoy. Now if I could talk my current group (my wife and her 16 year old grandson) into playing Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu (5th edition rules) or maybe a 2nd edition Gamma World game set in the world of Thundarr the Barbarian - I would be very happy.*

As for 4th edition... I'm not their target market so I'm giving it a complete pass (same as I did with 3.5 D&D). More power to those who do go that route. I will stick with the games I know & love.

* For the record, we have played Villains & Vigilantes (2nd edition), 3.0 D&D, and 1st Edition AD&D.
    Cheers,
    Tim

Paratime Design Cartography

"Do infants have as much fun in infancy as adults do in adultery?" - Groucho Marx

Quote Originally Posted by Turgenev View Post
    Now if I could talk my current group (my wife and her 16 year old grandson) into playing Chaosium's Call of Cthulhu (5th edition rules) or maybe a 2nd edition Gamma World game set in the world of Thundarr the Barbarian
    *raises hand and jumps up and down*

I would so be there! Looks like you need to get MapTool working and a campaign set up.
    Bill Stickers is innocent! It isn't Bill's fault that he was hanging out in the wrong place.

Please make an effort to tag all threads. This will greatly enhance the usability of the forums.

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Arkkeeper View Post
    anyways I want to get a hold of these still where can I find these PDF's?
    There will be no discussion of or trafficking in illegal pirated content on this site please.

I allow for talking about the content of said illegally obtained documents, but no trading through here please.
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Oh Okay I'll just go over here *goes to the corner*
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Ark... these sites are searchable via google and other search engines.... so searching key words could possibly pull up a post by someone talking about where they got their pirated software, which in turn could be passed along to said software owners lawyers who then shut this great site down because we traffic and condone the illegal activities that I'm sure break several federal and possibly national laws ..... so while it might not seem like that big of a deal to at the time to ask about how to get something like that .... the implications and repercussions could be staggering ....

Its ok tho.. I still like you

Administrator Facebook Connected Robbie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So if you love your local cartographers guild...keep it down
    All Hail FlappyMap! Long Live MapFeed!

Robbie Powell - Site Admin

Mount Savage, MD, USA, North America, America, Earth, Sol, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Local Group.

Oh don't take my post wrong I fully understand.
    "The Enemy's Gate Is Down" - Ender Wiggen, Ender's Game, Orson Scott Card

Software Used- ME v16, My Hands 1.0, My Brain

All Maps are either Copyright J.L.Odom and Bardic Fire Studios or under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License (Note it applies to all countries even though it's United States)

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

I'll admit to being interested in 4.0, myself, and to being a little sad I won't be getting it (at least not any time soon). I haven't actively gamed since my last 3.0 (never used 3.5) campaign ended something like 5 years ago. At the time, I was also working on my own system (who wasn't?) that was going to be sublimely awesome (at least for my own games... I wasn't worried about anyone else's gaming style), and 4.0 seems to address some of the concerns I had with 3.0/3.5 that were prompting my tinkering. Not all, but certainly some.

I do wish I had time to start up a game...

Community Leader Facebook Connected Badger's Avatar

Welp... we began our first 4e game today .... can't say I was all that happy about it, but this might be due to just learning the rules. .... At will Magic Missle .... you can throw that thing all day long .... oh well... we'll give a few more goes and see what happens I suppose...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast