Greetings cartographers.

I'm a professional writer currently working on a fantasy fiction project. I have a very deep, rich campaign setting and I need some solid map work to help bring it to life.

WHAT I NEED

I already have some sketches that capture the basic format, but I need a real artist to bring my vision to life!

I'm looking for black and white map work, initially focused on a specific region, but could ultimately use three or more maps. Here's a probable list of necessary maps:

1. Regionally targeted map covering the core focus area of the story line
  2. Larger map displaying expanded portion of continent
  3. One or more detailed maps targeting specific, smaller areas

The first map will of course include kingdom names, labels for major oceans/seas, plus depictions of mountain ranges and possible a couple of major rivers. I may or may not want individual cities, forts, etc indicated on this map - perhaps such details will be saved for additional or supplementary maps.

COPYRIGHT AND CREDITS

As this map will be part of a professional writing project, I expect to own all rights of the final image. Obviously I'm happy to provide credit for the artist in any finalized printed material.

PAYMENT

We can sort out a price that's fair. I'd like to see some samples of your work, and once you have all the details of the gig, you can give me your price.

NOTE: I'm also willing to exchange services. The quality of my writing work ranges from very good to excellent, so if you need some powerful content, perhaps we can work out a trade.

TERMS

I believe business is about relationships. I'd really like to make a connection with an artist who loves to explore new fantasy worlds, i.e. someone who can grasp and appreciate the world I'm building.

Ideally, I'll find a mapmaker who can handle all of my future projects.

Please respond here or drop me a note via aaronvbrown (at) gmail.com

I'll want to see a few pieces of your previous or current work, and it's helpful if you can give me at least a few hints about the sort of campaign worlds you enjoy.

I'M MORE INTERESTED IN "FINDING THE FLOW" AND MEETING A LIKE-MINDED FANTASY LOVER THAN I AM IN SAVING A BUCK!

If I feel we're on the same page (sorry for the bad pun), and your work is of solid quality, I'm happy to compensate you nicely.