Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hi,

Just stumbled across this site recently. Thought I would start here with a quick introduction.

I found the site searching for maps to use in D&D/Pathfinder and other rpg's that I run with my groups.

The quality of the work is fantastic, unbelievably so. And the site therefore provided something different to me than just dungeon maps.

I hope to eventually publish an RPG System, along with a game world, and that game world needs a map. A post will be going up in the commission area of the forum before the day is out I hope, so someone who is interested in sharing in what I'm hoping to achieve please check out the post, cause I struggle to draw a stick figure, let alone a map.

Thanks

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Well, I think you should at least take a look at the tutorial section, along with some of the tuts that you will find there. And try a few out. You might be surprised to find you do indeed have the ability to create a decent map. At least you will never know until you try. And to tell you the truth, no one will be able to create exactly what is in your head but you. Others might be close, but not exactly.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Welcome to the Guile Enigma. Korash is right, you may be surprised by what you accomplish once going through some of the tutorials here. If not though, I wish you all the best in finding the cartographer that is right for your project.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

So what do people feel is the most user friendly program for a beginner to map making?