Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New to the Area

For what it's worth, I checked out the gallery, and the island came out quite well. I'm not sure what you are talking about in regards to having trouble with the corner joints? That building looked great, though...

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

oh if you look at the top left corner of each that's where the line joins and the overlap causes it to look like lego. there's a way to manually break and join the lines but I have to re research that part.

Building the map using the wall's alone and not the rooms function is what made the difference for me waaaay nicer result in CC3 for me with building level stuff now

When using the room function you don't get those weird artefacts in the drawing but having rooms share inner walls does not work which is how most of my designs go.

I use a lot of my maps on my campaign websites so I like them to look as good as possible lol

Dargoth RPG World | Wix.com

RavensBluff | Wix.com

Ok, I see what you're talking about now, although it wasn't noticeable to me before you pointed it out. I just did a quick one on mine, and I see exactly what you mean... What I did to fix it is just lay another section of wall on top of that corner only, and it covered the overlap like it was never there. If there's another way to do it, though, I'd love to hear it... I'm hoping to have some time either tomorrow or this weekend to really take them out for a spin!

Brian, I played with this some more as I went through the tutorials, and worked my way through the users manual. I thought I had something with the "trim to intersect" button, but I couldn't get it to work. A closer look at the solution of laying another wall section over the top of the messed up join shows that it is workable, but if you look closely enough at the map, it's noticeable that you've done it, because the stone work isn't uniform. The only thing I've found thus far is that if you can make your join along a straight line it *seems* to join seamlessly.

Okay, at the risk of being beaten for continually posting on this, I actually found the solution on the CC3 forums. The easiest way is to go to the advanced setting in the draw tool, and click the closed radio button to make it a closed polygon. For existing walls, right click on the explode button, choose "path to polygon", select the broken wall, and then right click and "do it". It will close the polygon for you.

I've been wrestling with this since you brought it up, because I didn't want to start mapping something knowing that there was a gap in the wall. LOL. Now that my mind is somewhat calmed, I can try to make something permanent, rather than playing with walls... This message has been brought to you by my perfectionist streak/OCD.

Here's the link to the page that discussed that fix...
    ProFantasy Community Forum - Walls not completing correctly

Quote Originally Posted by RedSatyr View Post
    Okay, at the risk of being beaten for continually posting on this, I actually found the solution on the CC3 forums. The easiest way is to go to the advanced setting in the draw tool, and click the closed radio button to make it a closed polygon. For existing walls, right click on the explode button, choose "path to polygon", select the broken wall, and then right click and "do it". It will close the polygon for you.

I've been wrestling with this since you brought it up, because I didn't want to start mapping something knowing that there was a gap in the wall. LOL. Now that my mind is somewhat calmed, I can try to make something permanent, rather than playing with walls... This message has been brought to you by my perfectionist streak/OCD.

Here's the link to the page that discussed that fix...
    ProFantasy Community Forum - Walls not completing correctly
    Ahh cool I knew I saw something in all the material about fixing that but I have been unable to get to my mapping in the last two weeks. Thanks for the link I will have to print that one.

Glad your enjoying CC3 I have greatly loved the large scale maps I can produce from it and getting the building / dungeon level stuff going is totally icing for the cake.

You're very welcome; glad I could help!

I am enjoying playing with the programs. I also found another "solution", the corner command. You have to enter it from the command prompt, but it also works to fix that (or if you put two walls together at different times).

I've been playing with Fractal Terrains tonight. I've got the beginnings of a globe/world, but the temperature zones and are a bit tricky. Very absorbing, though.

Fractal is one of the packs I have not gotten yet as the maps I wanted to create are based on hand drawn ones I started on almost 20 years ago lol. Looks like it would be very cool for making some really realistic scratch maps though

I'm enjoying it when I can tell what it is I'm doing with it. I had to go back to the map tutorials that Joe Sweeney did to keep from pulling what's left of my hair out...LOL

I love the fact that it randomizes the rainfall, temps and such, as that's handy, but trying to get it to conform to my vision of the world I want to build has been much more tricky. I've always wanted to build a fantasy world, but I'm not too talented on the drawing part, and coastlines are especially heinous.

What would be cool would be when the program makes an interesting landmass to be able to export it, and then import a series of interesting landmasses to create the world by placing them individually on the map, but I haven't figured that one out (if it's even possible).

Quote Originally Posted by RedSatyr View Post
    I'm enjoying it when I can tell what it is I'm doing with it. I had to go back to the map tutorials that Joe Sweeney did to keep from pulling what's left of my hair out...LOL

I love the fact that it randomizes the rainfall, temps and such, as that's handy, but trying to get it to conform to my vision of the world I want to build has been much more tricky. I've always wanted to build a fantasy world, but I'm not too talented on the drawing part, and coastlines are especially heinous.

What would be cool would be when the program makes an interesting landmass to be able to export it, and then import a series of interesting landmasses to create the world by placing them individually on the map, but I haven't figured that one out (if it's even possible).
    Oh I think I read some info on doing that kind of thing in the profantasy forum somewhere when I was browsing.

Fractal is one of the things I will be getting later on for sure anyhow I am pretty sure I will own all the add on's eventually lol I already have about 70% of them

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast