Hello all,

I'm a retired USAF member living in South Korea.

I'm a gamer from way back, started DMing in the late 70s/early 80s. I always thought it would be neat to have a computer program for mapping, since I'm not much of an artist freehand (or as my Dad says, "all I can draw is flies"). I've looked through the pages here from time to time, always thinking "one of these days, it would be nice to join".

I've been drooling over Dundjinni and Campaign Cartographer for years, and finally decided to take the plunge and buy a mapping program. I originally decided on Dundjinni, because I had tried the demo version previously, and the store was back online. As it turns out, my PayPal was charged for the program, but I never got a download link or registration. I put in a complaint with PayPal, which I am currently waiting for resolution on (apparently this isn't the first or only time this happened, so the store is largely hit or miss - mentioning it here, as it may be relevant to the community).

The reason for this story; however, is that I was bitten by the map bug, so I went ahead and purchased the Profantasy World Builder Bundle (Campaign Cartographer 3, Dungeon Designer 3, City Designer 3, and Fractal Terrains 3). If I can figure out how to use them, I'll be one happy camper...LOL. I've done some playing with Fractal Terrains 3, so far, and am looking forward to getting more experience with all of them. I'm also looking forward to spending some more time in the forums as a registered member!

RedSatyr

(P.S. The link to the quick start guide to mapping is returning a 404 error, not sure if it's the site or something to do with the Korean ISP (which does strange things from time to time))