Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *** December 2012 Maping Challenge: Local Map ***

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected The Marked Hat's Avatar

Well then. I'll submit my entries once I find an SD card scanner. The only camera I have on hand for use anytime at all is my Nintendo 3DS, of which the picture quality is... in a word, horrible. Though I am trying to find some sort of scanner for my maps, but I'm not having much luck.
    --The Marked Hat--

Well, if you have to settle for a phone pic or digital camera be sure to go outside and get some really good lighting. It'll make it a lot better.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Try your local Library, Kinkos, or Staples. They should all be able to scan for you.

Well, I've done it with a cellphone. The pictures turned out great. And so far, I'm the only one who's entered this challenge.

The thread with the map: ***December 2012 Mapping Challenge Entry: My Warped Backyard***
    --The Marked Hat--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Sorry Ramah, I wasted at least an hour (that I shouldn't have) trying to figure out what to put up. There are some great suggestions in the ideas folder but we're already a third of the way through the month and I didn't want to waste one of the best ideas on a rushed contest. It seems like a lot of folks are on vacation or something.
    Nah, it's fine man. There's more than just me here so I don't expect to have challenges tailored towards me.

To be honest, I find it hard to get inspiration for most of the challenges - hence my only ever attempting to enter once. Well... that and I am too slow and never have time.

I'm hoping for another "map a castle" challenge to come up some day as I still want to have a go at doing the idea I had for that one.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Well, I can send you my paypal information and we can "discuss" getting that castle challenge up, HAHA.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Well, I can send you my paypal information and we can "discuss" getting that castle challenge up, HAHA.
    NO!! The horror... the horror... the sheer level of bribery... How could you?! The corruption! How scarred the innocents are, bribed and forced to stay in this.... this... monstrosity!!

Ahem... sorry about that. Sometimes I get carried away when I'm in a dramatic mood.
    --The Marked Hat--

Hehe, it comes from being an rpg'er most likely.

Ok, folks, it's been a short challenge this round but we are already over due to lock this down. I may do it tonight if I don't get caught up with other things here at home. If not tomorrow for sure.

If you have some last minute changes to make please get on it.

Thanks - done finally - the holiday extended weekend is the only thing that let me spend time mapping. Tomorrow - a new work year, far away from the river and the Guild :-b...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast