Thread: Isometric temple/stronghold

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Wip Isometric temple/stronghold [finished]

Haven't had much time to hone my skills, but I picked up a new project again yesterday! I love the look of isometric map and figured I'd give them a try.
    The basic idea here is that this is an arid area, and the water from this spring is considered holy. A temple was built as close to the spring itself as possible - which happened to be inside the mountain. In times of war, which are scarce, it functions as a stronghold (the areas for this are not on the map, it's where the disconnected set of stairs leads). The antechamber will always be guarded. Other than that there will be something of a chapel, meditation rooms, storage and of course the well itself at the deepest level.
    I'm trying to keep it from looking too neat and sharp by adding some scatter and texture to a simple round brush.
    Comments and critique are very welcome! Especially on how to really give it that underground feeling.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isometric_smaller.jpg 
Views:	362 
Size:	361.7 KB 
ID:	50482

EDIT: I'll add the final version here, so you don't have to look for it when you come across this later
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isometric_final.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	401.6 KB 
ID:	51280
    Last edited by Poison; 01-16-2013 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Adding final version