Thread: Just found this site and I am amazed at people's talent and creativity!

Post Just found this site and I am amazed at people's talent and creativity!

Hello Everyone,

My name is Trask and my mind has been blow by the work that people are posting on this site! I have always loved maps. When I was a kid I would pour over the map inserts from Nat Geo, maps in video games, and any map at the beginning of my fantasy or sci-fi novels. Back in those days I could spend hours making up stories in my head of incredible journeys though distant lands and alternate realities. My two favorite maps of all time are probably the Nat Geo map of the universe and the map from the Morrowind video game. As a child I drew many maps that unfortunately did not survive the passage of time. Now as an adult that is looking for a creative outlet it seems like it might be time to breakout my colored pencils again.
    I am also excited (and a bit apprehensive) to try my hand at digital map-making. I tend to get lost when learning a new software tool, so I am grateful that this community exists. I can't wait to start going through some of the tutorials!

Welcome to the Guild Traskius! I had the same experience when I first found this community. I look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Same here, I didn't know how to do anything digitally when I started. I think you are going to love this place.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt