Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bryce 7 Pro is Free

Default Bryce 7 Pro is Free

Hey guys, just thought I'd let you all know that Bryce 7 Pro (a 3d terrain modelling program) is being offered for free this month over at www.daz3d.com for this month. They're also offering full versions of some of their other software for free as well.

Thanks! And Hexagon looks potentially useful as well.

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

For the paranoid amongs us, it does require registering with the site to download. and it did ask for a billing/shipping address.

however the download is taking place right now.. and it sent me the serials.. and it appears there are a fair number of add ons available that come along with the download.

and yeah, no charge!

Placed At 02/01/2012 at 17:17:52
    Filled At 02/01/2012 at 17:17:52
    Subtotal $829.85
    Shipping $0.00
    Shipping via ELECTRONIC
    Tax $0.00
    Other Discounts -$829.85
    Total $0.00

woot.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

yeah, I got the serials too

the DL will have to wait for us to get the billing sorted out with my provider....we just upgraded our internet and the bastages CUT our band width to a quarter of what it is supposed to be... don'cha just LOVE MaBell???
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

So I was doing a bit of research, since to me, the concept of "if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is" is more a truism than not.

That's a lot of money they're passing up. But then I looked at one of the posts on their forum and it all makes sense.
    Tilt said it very well a few days ago.. "However "free" is a matter of keeping out of the shop after you bought it - I'm now a platinum member and have all ready bought a lot of stuff *lol* "

They're counting on new customers getting hooked.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that as a bad thing. In fact this will probably help quite a bit. Looking through pirate sites for the program isn't worth the effort compared to getting the real thing with full support... and if the extras are reasonably priced then there's a huge increase to that market.

I've been saying that the big software programs should be more reasonably priced for a long time. And this would certainly help that.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I agree, this is definitly the way to go - some people will never buy anything, but they wouldn't buy the program anyway - but a percentage of those who get the program will turn to the shops at some point - and perhaps buy upgrades and such... DAZ 3D has two "bigger" versions as well that people might buy at some point
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

W00t! Shiny!

This makes me a happy camper! Now to find some time to use this stuff ... -.-

FYI, you don't have to provide a physical address to download the software. I just went ahead and clicked through without trouble.

Maybe someday I'll actually learn how to use it. I picked up Bryce 5.5 when they released it for free but never got much past installing it.
    Bryan Ray, visual effects artist
    http://www.bryanray.name

Yeah, I remember tinkering with Bryce on a Macintosh Quadra back in 1996. I might get it for purely nostalgic purposes.
    Blog: Too much game lore? | Diablo 3 guest passes
    Riftforge: (WIP) Map of Rift Isle, protected by elite raiders ( Play now }

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast