Thread: how?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default how?

hello,

I want to create a hexagonal map for a campaign in a medieval world.
    It a island where some tribut must do some quests for take the ultime power.

I would like to know would be what the best site of creation free which can exist.
    I try gimp but i don't understand how it work.

Thank you in advance

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

We have plenty of tutorials for the Gimp so you can quickly get up to speed with it with some practice. Here is a short list of Hex Grid scrips that we have, and I highly recommend RobA's gimp script; Hex Grid. It works in 2.8 and 2.6.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

hello korash,
    thank for you first
    then i don't have hex grill in my gimp's version (gimp 2. and if i clic on "here" i have a message "Sorry - no matches. Please try some different terms."

I assume this is the script Korash is talking about. Hope it helps!

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Yeah, thats the one. Not sure why that search was dead. Maybe it is only stored for a limited time, if at all.

If you read through the thread that Poison linked to, it will tell you which folder to put it. Once it is there, start Gimp and it will be under the Filter>>Render>>Pattern.... The link also explains how to use it

in Gimp 2.8 you put it in : C:\Users\"username"\.gimp-2.8\scripts, where username is the login you are using.

Hope that helps and sorry for that dead link
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent