Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Area around Hommlet & The Temple of Elemental Evil drawn by Paul J. Stormberg

Default Area around Hommlet & The Temple of Elemental Evil drawn by Paul J. Stormberg

I am willing to pay some money for this.

Hi,

Dragonsfoot • View topic - ToEE Questions

If you go to the above link you will see two hand drawn maps created by Paul (linked at the bottom). I would like to be able to print out the maps and have them look decent. The scale he went with is 4 squares are equal to one inch and each square represents 100 yards. I am ok with printing it out on multiple sheets and taping them together just like he did with his hand drawn version. I am going to be running ToEE using AD&D 1e starting in Jan (for my group of Pathfinder players) and am getting together all the resources I can.

I also don't need anything other than the terrain, villages, and such. Labels and symbols are not needed at all because I might change some of them anyway. If I can only get one of the maps I would prefer the players version of the map. Thank you for considering my request.

http://www.thecollectorstrove.com/st...c/T2_PC100.jpg

http://www.thecollectorstrove.com/st...c/T2_DM100.jpg
    Last edited by daggertx; 12-02-2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Bump and More

I am willing to pay some money for this.

You might also mention or suggest what kind of style you're looking for in the final product - best way is probably with a link to a sample map whose style you like, but you could describe it a little. Might also be nice to know if you're looking for a particular file format, vector vs. raster, or any other little details.

There's also the fact that your existing map is already pretty good - which probably means the less skilled artists (myself definitely included) will be more reluctant to take a stab at it.

Thanks for the reply.

The file format is not important as long as its large and I can print it (on a large sheet of paper or on multiple 8.5 x 11 I have to put together). I honestly don't know much about the various file formats anyway to make a rational choice. Also its not my map, its a map someone else uses for a home campaign involving the Temple of Elemental Evil and the surrounding area. I just thought it was very good as far as distances and placement and cannot find anything like it on the web. I have the original module and the map that comes with it is very basic and not very useful.

It does not have to be too fancy at all since its just for my upcoming AD&D game I am going to run for my group over the next year.

I like both of the below styles but they are pretty fancy and might be too much.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	frmap3_to1y4yv1gl.jpg 
Views:	531 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	50369

Well - since it seems nobody else has jumped on this - I'll give it a shot. I've always wanted a nice ToEE regional map, and the baseline is already pretty good, and I can use the practice.

I will warn you I'm not a particularly skilled cartographer (especially in this august company) - so I make no promises for results in terms of quality or deadline (though I'm shooting for 1 Jan).

I look forward to seeing whatever you come up with and I am sure it will be more advanced than my pathetic attempts so far.

daggertx you have any other shots of higher rez of the last two maps you like? they look interesting and I'd like to see some detail.

Best I could...maybe if I knew what product they are from. I bet a late 3rd or 4th edition FR product.

Name:	fr7_k787lz04ns.jpg 
Views:	2455 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	50404

Name:	frmap5_ol4gjnfwmv.jpg 
Views:	1614 
Size:	141.3 KB 
ID:	50403
    Last edited by daggertx; 12-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.

The maps looks nice But there is no details here.
    "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."-Confucius
    Old map and Historic map

Those are not my maps. They came from game products

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast