Thread: Would Like a Fantasy Map Created

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Guild Novice Facebook Connected Lavrtiv's Avatar

Help Would Like a Fantasy Map Created

I would greatly appreciate any assistance with my request and would be eternally grateful for any input and/or assistance.

I have been creating my own topography map using Illustrator CS6 but it is consuming all of my time since I am somewhat new user. I am an artist who is attempting to create a fantasy world for a story that I am attempting to write. I am new to story telling but I willing to go through the headache. The only thing is, since I am a visual person, I need to see the world before I start putting it into words.

The map I am envisioning would be similar to that of Games of Thrones, (http://gameofthrones.net/images/West...f_westeros.jpg).

I have attached a .jpg file of a partially created map of the southern most hemisphere and I would like to know if there is anyone who might be interested in taking on this project?

We can negotiate a fair price and payment if you are interested in taking on this project.

The fantasy world I had in mind is similar to Earth's landmasses but its size would be equal to that of Uranus. The planet would have a -72.99 decree tilt, which means the southern hemisphere will be exposed to direct sunlight. The northern hemisphere will be in complete darkness and the rim will be plush with rainforests.

In all, there will be thirteen continents with hundreds of smaller islands that make up the rim.

The overall size that I am looking for will be 34" x 34".

I look forward to hearing from you and cannot wait to realize the world.

T. Miykel
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Southern Hemisphere.jpg 
Views:	2286 
Size:	2.91 MB 
ID:	50513  
    Last edited by Lavrtiv; 12-14-2012 at 11:28 AM.

Blog Entries

The Westeros map you linked to was created by Tear and he posted a tutorial on how to create maps in his style here on this very forum. If you have access to Photoshop then I would recommend you do a search for it in the tutorials section. Good luck.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Ramah,

First and foremost, thank you for taking the time to answer my post. I greatly appreciate it. i will do a search for Tear's tutorial. Wish me luck....

Ramah,

I searched for Tear's tutorial and was only able to find (Ascension atlas style.doc). Is this similar to Tear's? Or can you point me in the right direction? Also, I visited your site, and really love your work. I especially love this map Ramah-Palmer's deviantART Gallery that you did. Out of curiosity, how much do you charge for custom work?

Tlielaxu

If you like my style I'd be interested.
    Maybe a style like this: http://www.cartographersguild.com/fi...ional-map.html
    You can find all my finished maps in my signature.

Carnifex,

Thank you for responding. I really appreciate your interest. As I am new to this I cannot figure out how to remove a thread. I did hire Robert (Sapiento) to do my maps....

Again thank you....if anything changes I will contact you.

Miykel