Thread: New

Guild Applicant

Post New

Hello. Was wandering around on Google looking for 3-D city designs for help trying to draw my own (ever stubborn) Esla Mara when I found this site. Admittedly she's a rather ambitious project for an amateur, but (shrugs). Still, it's pretty awesome to look around here. Though I suppose I should try refining my old ideas before delving into the new ones this place has given me...

Welcome, I (may I call you I?). Orrrrrr you could use this site's ideas TO refine your own! Tell us more of what you are tackling; somebody here will no doubt have tips & constructive criticism. Gently, we will, because it's a friendly bunch.

Guild Applicant

Post Reply 2

Yes, you may call me "I". I'm not fussy .

Esla Mara is actually a city from the very first (serious) story idea I had. It is the "Dragon Jewel" city. Built into the crater of an exploded mountain with a hot spring bubbling at its center. 20 "steps" into which the various rooms are dug into and 3 external aqueducts, and the circle divided into six sections by internal aqueducts. Not to mention the main tunnel entrance. It was meant to show case the advanced (for roughly medieval) culture of my Dragons. So, of course the city is enough to give me a headache with all the minutia.

Any and all help (I'm to the point I don't care if someone else draws it for me) is welcome.

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Korash's Avatar

Welcomr to the Guild,The Mappiest Place on the Web.

If you have any sketches or other work i=on this city, posing it here, or better yet the WIP (Work In Progress) forums would be a good idea. This way we have a starting point to help you on your way.
    Art Critic = Someone with the Eye of an Artist, Words of a Bard, and the Talent of a Rock.

Please take my critiques as someone who Wishes he had the Talent

Guild Applicant

I have tried to draw it roughly 50 times... So, I'll just go and try to find a few of them...

Welcome YouareYou!

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh